Crypto

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUpride123, Jul 14, 2020.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Martin. Pages ago I already told you I purchased no NFTs and had no plans to. I only said I see the value in it in the long run. I gave an example of kids spending money on digital items already. It is in a logical conclusion to see this expand.

Your logic here that NFTs are gay applies to gay digital skins. Yet, just because YOU think they are gay doesn't stop the kids from spending money on them at an ever increasing rate.

So yea, you are arguing with yourself. You are trying to apply logical to an irrational market. There is nothing "rational" about buying a digital item in game, yet, they make billions upon billions making these items because..... they sell.

Aside from all that, yes, the NFT tech has many use cases with varying degrees of value.

2. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

if you buy an item in a game you are not buying an NFT. rare in game items have existed forever. i sold an in game item on ebay 15 years ago. and for example billions of dollars blizzard or epic games or whoever made selling in game items had nothing to do with NFT, and was based on volume, not rarity.

i agree with your analogy about the notary. you dont invest in the notary. the notary service itself is of nominal value. and is fungible.

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

yup, and i disagree. we shall see.

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Not entirely true. Blizzard released this special edition in game mount you could only get from buying card packs and card packs hada chance to drop a rare mount that only had a limited number total. They sold for ridiculous amounts of money.

https://wowtcglootcards.com/mounts/spectral-tiger/

So, like I said, once companies figure out how to monetize MORE from what they are already doing, it only grows from there.

And dont expect the illogical to suddenly become logical with regards to dumping money in this.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Like diamonds? The world is full of examples of things that are irrationally priced. The price people pay for natural diamonds as jewelry is pretty much all marketing.

6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

those things were limited by how many were programmed into the server or game etc, not related to NFT. and they were fungible as there were may of them and you could trade them to another player and the new one was identical to the first. also there were tons of them and they made money on people gambing them, as they were in 1 of 400ish card packs. those were like raffle tickets. not a good analogy for NFT

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

i would also argue you should not put your money into diamonds. the resale value is awful as they are not actually scarce. your analogy makes my point very well.

if you think diamonds are a wise investment, you simply are wrong, friend.

i repeat myself: tried to warn you not to put money into false scarcity scams

8. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Buy tulip bulbs you dumb bastards! Haaaahaaaaaaa fucking crypto, nft pics on your phone.

9. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I never claimed to buy NFTs or diamonds (i hope i didn't) as an investment. But, i did say that given all the irrationally priced things in the world im not surprised that some people pay so much for NFTs. Someone thinks a piece of NFT art looks super cool, they own the original digital, and that pleases them - viva yo.

10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Its a very good analogy when you consider the digital card games they are making now.