CSTV: Oklahoma State coach should have success in Baton Rouge.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Obi-Wan Tiger

Obi-Wan Tiger Founding Member

Just to add to that...I actually think it's only the last two. One of the main reasons we were even top 5 in 2002 was because of the weak early season schedule, which included maybe the worst college football team I'd ever seen in UL-L. Down the stretch, we allowed 31 points to Auburn, 30 to Kentucky, 31 to Bama, and 35 to Texas in the bowl game.

2. Carface

Carface What the...?

Was he there long enough to make a significant difference?

I'm trying to buff up on my Les Miles knowledge.

3. neal

neal Freshman

should???

You mentioned "should".

I guess next time the Shaw Group/GE/Wal-Mart/Exxon wants to hire a new president, they should look for someone who has potential, but has never proven it. Les Miles is the new coach and I have to accept that, but why on earth would you hire someone on supposed success. Why not find someone who has already been successful? The whole process has been a sham, and I blame Skip. I remember the days between Bill A. and Nick S. and I did not like them one bit. When you are one of the top programs in the country(and thanks to Nick S. only that this has happened), you can be picky and choosy. What coach would not want to come here in the position that he(nick S.) has set up the program in. Notice we are all striving for hopes that Miles will do good.

4. Tampatiger84

Tampatiger84 Freshman

Should?

This was a rush hire, and the whole process was botched. Statements made about not being able to pay more and we will pay market value for the coach we hire. That is not how you attract top talent. This was done to save money. A single 7-5 season and the alumni and fans will be screaming for this guy's head. This was a horrible hire and this hurt the tigers way more than will be evident initially.

Independence Bowls are not enough for the tiger faithful any more and that is all we will get with Les Miles.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

First off, you need to settle the *bleep* down. You are acting like a bandwagon fan right now. I am not saying you have to agree with EVERYTHING :lsup: does. But you have been disrespectful, rash, and said some harsh things about the school you are supposed to love. Pretty damn ridiculous if you ask me. I don't necessarily agree with everything CRAWFISH says, but at least he has insightful things worth mentioning.

Second off, when you say "wake me up when :lsup: hires a real coach." So are you pretty much saying that you are not going to cheer, watch and support :lsug: until Miles leaves? WOW. :eek: Thats, once again, ridiculous. I know people that don't agree with the hire, but they are :lsup: fans first and would never ever make a comment like that...

Have fun in hibernation....