Culberson, think it over!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikebTiger, Jan 27, 2003.

1. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

Read on the INET that Q. Culberson is leaning to Mississippi State over LSU.

I'd hate to lose this kid. He has the size, speed and athletic ability to contribute in LSU's secondary right away. Having a guy like QC in our DB field would help immediately.

Mike Clayton had to play defense because we were too weak at DB!!!

Why would anyone with an opportunity to choose between LSU and Miss State EVER, EVER pick MSU?? They are terrible, their coach is terrible - the game passed by Jackie Sherril around 1998!!

Choose wisely, young Mississipian! Choose the Tigers!!!!!!!!

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Has he visited MSU? I can't imagine anybody wanting to live in Starkville if they have any other opportunities. What a waste of a five-star player if he ends up with a losing program like State. Curley Hallman would be his position coach.

3. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

My thoughts on recruiting...

To make the Culberson thing worse, LaRon Landry is now saying Miami leads for his commitment. If we lose both Culberson and Landry, it will be very unfortunate. I think we need both of these guys and another good linebacker and WR to cement this class. Next year, we'll be forced to play someone who isn't a true safety (see Jack Hunt).

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Its hard to compete with Miami, it really is. If Miami offers a kid, I can see why they would be excited to play there. All of us are die hard LSU fans, and the thought of playing somewhere else is foriegn to us. But for your average 18 year old, Miami Beach, 1 national title (Possibly back to back but that is for another thread). And the Whole Hurricane thing...

As far as MSU, maybe the kid wants to stay by his family. Remember these are just kids. Leaving home can be stressful. So I can understand why this kid wants to maybe stay close to home.

Honestly if we dont another single recruit, our recruiting class is a success, we are ranked 2nd in the nation already.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: My thoughts on recruiting...

What about Jeff Cook?

6. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Distance from Jackson to Starkvegas is about 2 hrs.........Jackson to BR about 2 hrs.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well F Me then ;)

(Guess I should do some geography before I post stuff..)

8. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I'm no geography guru either. i went to a juco close to starkvegas for 2 years so i am just familiar with the area.

regardless, i wouldn't be surprised if it was the excuse he used if he did go to starkvegas.

but it begs the question.....why in the hell would anyone in their right mind want to go their? unless you grew up a bulldog fanatic i would not go near the place.....unless you're on another team coming to town to kick their butt.....plus the fact they've stunk it up the past couple years makes it even more perplexing.

9. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

MSU

I read an interview with Mississippi State's big OL commit this year (I think his name is Donovan Davis)and he was saying he wants to go to MSU so he can get a national championship ring. I swear, I am not making that up -- he really said that. The team is struggling to compete in the SEC West and he thinks they have a legit shot at the MNC??? They need to beat Troy State first.

10. MikebTiger

MikebTiger Founding Member

maybe he thinks all those "voluntary

workouts" conducted by Sherril and company will actually pay off. Remember the photos of the miss State players doing group situps with a telephone pole resting on their gut? Funny stuff. The junction Boys reminded me of that photo.

I remember thinking when I saw it, no way Sherrill ever competes in the SEC again.

They are so insignificant in my mind that I cannot beleive I am even mentioning them in a post I author.