Cullman High School

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Deceks7, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

I am sure this is just a misprint. It is against the rules to be meeting with HS Juniors isn't it?

Saban pays recruiting visit to Cullman High School Local News CullmanTimes.com, Cullman, Alabama
    Saban pays recruiting visit to Cullman High School

Related Photos

• University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban, second from left, shown here with Cullman High School head football coach Mark Britton, walks to his car before leaving Cullman at approximately 11 a.m. Trent Moore
      [​IMG]
    Discussion

Add a comment on this story Tools

[​IMG]

By Trent Moore The Cullman Times
    CULLMAN — University of Alabama football coach Nick Saban, second from left, shown here with Cullman High School head football coach Mark Britton, walks to his car before leaving Cullman at approximately 11 a.m. Saban, who led the Crimson Tide to the 2010 BCS National Championship, was at CHS for a few hours Tuesday morning on a recruiting trip. He was meeting with highly-touted CHS offensive guard Spencer Region. Saban flew to Cullman via the Cullman Regional Airport (Folsom Field) in Vinemont.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I don't think it is against the rules. They come to camps and can even commit. Saban may be an a$$ but I think he tries to do things the right way when it comes to recruiting.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Just curious if this is the same bumping behavior that created the earlier Saban rule that keeps head coaches restricted to their own campus during spring.

13.1.1 Contactable Individuals.

13.1.1.1 Time Period for Off-Campus Contacts—General Rule. Off-campus recruiting contacts shall
    not be made with an individual (or his or her relatives or legal guardians) before July 1 following the completion
    of his or her junior year in high school

Hagerty QB Jeff Driskel gets visit from Alabama coach nick Saban - OrlandoSentinel.com

Driskel was the reason for Saban's appearance.

"When you have the national champion coach come by your school, it's a pretty big deal," Hagerty football coach Nate Gierke said. "He was over at Dr. Phillips and then he stopped by here. He's obviously very interested in Jeff, as most everybody is at this point.

"He just wanted to express how much interest he has."

Like Gierke said, there is a lot of interest surrounding the 6-4, 220-pound prospect with the rifle arm. He was recently named offensive MVP at the Army All-American Bowl Combine for underclassmen in San Antonio. Pretty impressive accolades, just like the visiting coach.

"He stopped by for a bit," Driskel said. "He can't really talk to me right now because of rules and stuff, but he shook my hand as I was headed out to (baseball) practice."