curious as to what lsu fans feel are their....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hawghead, Nov 26, 2002.

1. hawghead

hawghead Freshman

biggest rivalries? i know florida and alabama are up there. what about arkansas, mississippi, and auburn? i'm assuming y'all don't care much about ms state as you haven't lost to them in years.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

IMO

Used to be Ole Miss. Then Tulane to a degree, but that's like a rivalry between a hammer and a nail. Fla w/Spurrier was getting there but then, we were the nail in that one. Right now, Auburn is getting under my skin but I'm not sure everyone feels as I do. Arkansas is still considered a SWC team. I don't know if we have any real rival. Good question. I'd be interested to hear what others think.

3. BigJ4LSU

BigJ4LSU Founding Member

Well can't have a good in-state rivalry because they all suck. I would say Auburn b/c of Tubbie.

4. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I would have to say aubum and bammer are at the top. ole miss is hot on their trail though.

5. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Auburn. Florida may be coming up on the list. Zook is the great equalizer. I just cant consider Arkansas a big rivalry. I know its our "rivalry game" for the boot and all, but I just dont have any animosity for Ark.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Yet!

7. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Auburn, to me, has always been that game we needed to win. It probably helps that we've had so many games with Auburn that came to the wire. Florida (up until now) had been the "guaranteed" loss, so it was hard to call it a 'rivalry'. MSU and Ole Miss are hot and cold running teams, so there's been no consistency in those series as of late. Bama is somewhere between Auburn and Florida for us...not a guaranteed loss, but not a snug fit. I think if Tennessee were a team we played year-in, year-out, that it would turn into a great rivalry...the last three games have been slugfests. I agree with the earlier post that Arkansas is still thought of as "the newcomers". Maybe that rivalry warms up after this year. After all, this is the first time this game has meant anything to BOTH teams.

8. Uncle Gus

Uncle Gus Founding Member

Auburn....

....but it sure was easy to hate Spurrier...

The LSU/Arkansas thing is such a manufactured rivalry created by the SEC, so it's hard to see it in that manner. With that being said, all this could change come Friday because of the weight this game has on the SEC CG.

One of us may hate the other much more next year.....

9. hawgwilde

hawgwilde Founding Member

So true

Uncle Gus. Friday could help develop this thing into a great rivalry!

10. FayettenamHog

FayettenamHog Freshman

Re: Auburn....

I agree with you about it being manufactured. I think if this game ends up deciding the west year in and year out, it will develop into a good rivalry. But if it's the last game and both teams are out of contention, the game will be an afterthought.

Most "rivalry" games mean something to the teams, even if they were both 0-10 (Ala-Aub, Ohio St-Mich, Oregon-Oregon St). I don't see our being like that. Plus the fact that I don't hate LSU much. I hate other SEC West teams much more than LSU (Bama)!