curious as to what lsu fans feel are their....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by hawghead, Nov 26, 2002.

1. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Auburn without a doubt........

2. boudin

boudin Freshman

It will take a very long time before Arkansas and South Carolina will be fully accepted into the SEC.
    You have to remember that our teams have been going to war each fall for years and years. There are many tales, memories, etc. for every opponent.
    The fact is that right now Arkansas and South Carolina are like step=children of the family. Y'all are still outside looking in.
    It will take time. This Friday will be a start though.

3. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Teams LSU fans get up for.

1. Ole Miss - They tend to beat us when we should beat them. Plus I like to beat the Mannings.

2. Florida - For years Florida was a gimme. Spurrier changed that. We have a lot of catching up to do.

3. Alabama - We can play for the next century & not catch them. We owe them big time.

4. Tulane - We don't play them every year, but I love to beat them.

5. Auburn - A very competitive series. Tuberville sucks.

6. Georgia & Tennessee. We have had recent success against Tenn, but traditionally these teams beat us.

7. Kentucky, Miss. St., Vandy - Ho Hum.

8. Arkansas & S. Carolina - Not even on the radar screen.

4. Tiger Trey

Tiger Trey Founding Member

Who are the pigs rivals?

Most of the Arky rivals are SWC teams I would imagine. And even if TEXAS is the Hog's big rival, I would think that the Steers consider A&M and OK as bigger rivals. I know that Ole Miss is something of a Razorback rival, but I don't consider that a big rivalry.

LSU and UA are kind of in the same boat in this regard. We consider Auburn and Ole Miss as big rivals, but the Iron Bowl and Egg Bowl are their rivalry games respectively. LSU nor Ark has that one "must win" game on the schedule every year(though I love beating Auburn).

It will take a long time before this game ever reaches true rivalry status, if ever.

5. F15Epilot

F15Epilot Freshman

It's in the works

This game has had big implications for both teams for several years. True that Arkansas and LSU have no natural rival due to in-state suckedness. But I think Arkansas considers LSU its biggest rival in the SEC by default. Manufactured though it is, this game is the last week in the season and is always huge. Remember, Arkansas hasn't missed a bowl in 5 years, and wins over LSU mean better bowls.

It may take a while, but mark my word. Arkansas will continue to win in the SEC for the next several years. Our next two teams will be better than today's. And we will not be the step child much longer.

Didn't we get any love when we won the NC in basketball in '94?

Picking up Arkansas into the SEC was a good move for Arkansas and the SEC. Today we prove it once again...

Hogs 20 Kittens 16

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: It's in the works

PREDICTION: Tigers pull out of flat spin while Pigs go into a graveyard spiral. Sorry guys. Shoulda been instrument rated.

7. NashvilleTiger

NashvilleTiger Freshman

Natural Rivalry

I tend to agree with SabanFan. We don't really have a true rival where our hatred is equal. Tulane would be a natural what with geographical location and all, but they obviously haven't held up their end of the bargain and have gloriously attained Division-1A also ran status.
    Given these facts, I think it would be best for both parties involved for LSU vs. Arkansas to be developed in a grass-roots kind of way by the fans as a game you point toward every season of every sport. We'll always be the "other woman" in the relationship between Auburn/Alabama and OleMiss/MissST.
    We've got a border to fight over, a boot to fight over, and the last football game of the regular season to fight over. Makes sense to me.
    Now, if we can both just take our football programs to the next level where the guys on the national scene take notice, this can happen.

8. F15Epilot

F15Epilot Freshman

thanks

I appreciate the flying references SabanFan.

But I would be inclined to say...

Prediction: Tony Bua sticks a Sidewinder up the tail of whatever QB you decide to sacrifice today. Check 6 buddy, it's coming!

2.5 hours and counting...