Cutcliffe stays at Duke \

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Jan 14, 2010.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

re: Tennessee Hires David Cutcliffe - Maybe. Still in Rumor Stage.

Correct. Class of '89.

2. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I would not have liked LSU's chances against Navy this year.

With the anemic offense and the Navy option running up a lot of points, I expect if not a loss it would have been MAJOR pucker factor. And to think, from a non-football school.

hwr
    USNA 1974

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i agree. navy had a great team this year. but will it stay that way in the long run? probably not. because the (how do i put this) "energy" spent on football isnt like at places such as lsu, ou, fl, osu, etc. thats just the way it is.

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

The rush to hire someone or anyone with a recognizable name smacks of desperation. If the sense of urgency solely lies with a signing day related panic, they should seriously answer the fundamental question of what is more important: having a good recruiting class or hiring the right coach.

Tennessee should take a day to slow down and assess their options. The AD has set a goal of Sunday to have a new coach in place. That might be way too soon.

This is where the AD needs to earn keeping his job. He should publicly demand that Kiffin give him all contact info on all recruits the school was going after. He should then call each recruit and their families and make deals to keep those kids on the table. This is a golden opportunity to rub Kiffens nose in doggie doo and expose him as the POS he is.

At the same time, they should take their time and make the right hire.

A desperation hire at this point in time will haunt them for just as long as the fiasco that is the Kiffen hire and subsequent fallout.

5. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Of course, that is why I am a die hard LSU fan. You can't always count on the Middies, but you normally can LSU!! I got a jersey and T-shirts from LSU, nada from Navy, but I had to give them some props.

Geaux Tigers.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't have any ill feelings for the military or the academies. Sorry if it came across like that. I was pulling for each one this bowl season.

7. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i picked the academies in pickems 99% of the time. that is where i would pick with emotion and not logic. thank got my pick ems were for fun and not money cause the black knights tripped me up every damned time!

8. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Thanks for confirming. :thumb:

And I have difficulty cheering for Army & Navy, but when push comes to shove I do. :lol:

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Man, I'm an LSU grad, but I'd be much more proud if I was USNA 1974 like you are (and I've gone out of my way to visit the USNA on vacation out of respect and awe... I haven't done that for any state school). Wear those Navy shirts with pride. Yeah, LSU is a great school and I'm very proud of LSU, but the US Federal Military Academies... they are on a level above and beyond any state university.... which is why it doesn't surprise me one bit that an Academy grad like Calhoun decided to stay at AF. Heck, if I was LSU's coach, I wouldn't leave LSU even if LSU was in the same boat football-wise as AF, so I respect Calhoun for his decision. Not surprisingly, being an Academy grad, he's a man of commitment and loyalty.

10. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free