Cutting the cord to cable tv, Sony Vue may be your answer

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, May 30, 2016.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have heard that random buffering has been an issue. Must be a server overflow issue. Reports that doesn't matter what device you use, etc...

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Not having any issues on my end. Very rarely buffer.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Well, Verne, the national championship comes down to this one last play. "Harris takes the snap, big rush as Harris runs to the left. He's hit as he releases the ball. It's high but Dupree leaps in the back of the end zone and bufferbufferbufferbufferbufferbufferbuffer

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I purchased NFL Sunday Ticket last week in preparation of the coming season. Right now only Roku streams it, but rumors are that Fire TV access is coming.

5. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Well, we just hooked up with SlingTV and love it so far. Picture is perfect. You get the random freeze or lag maybe once or twice over a few hours of watching but not any worse than sound cutting out on cable constantly on certain stations. We went through the free 7-day period and have decided to keep it and dump cable tv. I grabbed the sports package so I have NFL network, ESPN 1 and 2, as well as SEC network. We'll save around $60 per month and not lose anything we had before except Discovery channel, which I only watched for Deadliest Catch.

6. bhelmLSU

That is the only reason I wanted the Discovery channel too...so I had to stream it through the website. However, Roku just got that entire family of channels so I was happy.

With you situation you could pay for Vue or Hulu (Hulu is probably a season behind, just a guess) or can buy episodes on Vudu or Amazon.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Michael buffer takes over for Verne to make the call? That's just weird.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I am finally going to cut the cord. Trying to decide between Vue and Sling. Should I cough up more for a device, or is the Kindle Fire TV sufficient? Is Roku better?

I read through this thread a few weeks ago and feel like my questions would be answered in one of the previous 10 pages, but I would like to discuss this with y'all before I pull the trigger this week.

10. bhelmLSU

I personally like Roku better myself and have used both. Roku 3 in my opinion is better than the rest even the Roku 4 with 4K capability (have weird issues with certain channels and gets really hot even when turning on the fan feature).

If you go with Amazon or Roku just make sure to get the boxes and not the sticks. The sticks are good but not as your primary device.

Go watch a youtube video on reviews for both with someone using the interface to see what suits you better. Will just give you an idea of how you will use each day to day.

Cajun Sensation likes this.