Cutting the cord to cable tv, Sony Vue may be your answer

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by islstl, May 30, 2016.

1. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Cox is a good call in NOLA. Nagin had the entire city refitted with fiber optics while he was at Cox, making their reliability better than any competition locally

2. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. One more thing. What kind of antennae do you have and would you recommend it. I'll need a rooftop to be able to catch cbs.

3. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I bought the Amazon Fire TV and the antennae combo. The antennae is hidden behind the tv and looks like a mousepad.
    [​IMG]

But I live in the heart of the city and I bet I get like 25 channels with the antennae alone. (of which I only watch like 3).

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Rarely... I have the better package, so I get plenty of sports channels, plus ESPN3. I use SportsDevil occasionally, but its pretty hit and miss and the quality sucks

5. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

Has anyone tried the new Directv Now service? It currently has a promotional offer of 100 streaming channels for only $35 but no idea how long the offer lasts. I'm going to sign up tonight and try it out for a while. Currently using Sling TV and have been happy with it but would of course like more channels... maybe this would be a good option.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

SlingTV just added limited DVR capability. I am curious to hear your thoughts on the DirecTV service. The first impressions I have read lead me to think it's not up to par.

7. cul2969

cul2969 Founding Member

So far so good. Stream quality is excellent, it works great with my fire stick, and includes Discovery channel and Velocity... both of which I have been missing terribly. The only drawback I see at the moment is no DVR capability but that is coming. I did read that it had some weird restrictions about NFL games but that doesn't affect me... I pretty much only watch LSU these days.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Sony Vue last update finally smoothed out the fast forward and rewind controls. That was a huge negative of their service. Seems like the menu navigation is improved as well.

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I bought the MLB package. Along with sling I am still paying a lot less than cable.

MLB.tv still has blackout issues but you can get around them.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

PS3 now remembers you were using ps Vue before shutting the unit off and now boots up positioned over the ps Vue app. Saves a few steps and making it seem a bit closer to turning on your cable box.

They still need to come up with a standardized remote that looks and feels like a cable remote to control the PS3/4.