CWS Hate Guide for LSU fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Richdog, Jun 16, 2014.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'm surprised to hear that. I guess it's the beginning of the pussification of the military. Next thing you know we'll be dropping our arms and hauling ass like the pussies in the middle east did.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Nah, it sounds tough in movies and we still got away with a lot of stuff but in reality there really is no reason to talk to anyone that way. The training is still as tough as it ever was, the standards are still holding strong, there are just cracking down on the insults and denigration aspect. Don't get me started on the fat kids in the chow hall. That was our biggest fight of all.

ParadiseiNC and b_leblanc like this.
  3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

When I went through they were just starting to integrate men and women into the same squads. Double standards for everyone. Women allowed in combat, "don't ask/don't tell" repealed...Times ARE changing. Let's just everyone hold hands, wave rainbow flags, and sing Elton John songs to the enemy.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Women in the same platoons in training ins't that big of a deal. The standards are more equal than you think. The hardest part of all that is keeping them off of each other. Human nature ya know.

Women in combat units will never work and it is dumb for them to try it for nothing else than to appease the equal rights crowd.

b_leblanc likes this.
  5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Agreed. The movie GI Jane was pretty straightforward for the most part. Lots of guys in the other spec ops units would complain cause they were using those programs for their political agendas. We had three chicks wash out of cct school the first day.

The armed forces isn't the place for social experiments. We're the most dominant fucking military force the world has ever seen, and we're getting sissified by politicians and civil rights groups and all their bullshit.

And yes, there was some screwing going on. Unfortunately I wasn't a part of it lol.

6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

The guy didnt go about it the right way, and there are extreme examples out there of this type of ranting, but I believe part of this coach was trying to instill accountability in his players and put some fear into them about letting everyone else down.

Some of the most successful sports teams I played for were coached by guys who let us have it when we weren't playing to the best of our abilities. We were all held accountable. I feel that if the guys didnt think the coach cared about the outcome of practices or games, neither would they.

I lead one team in scoring 3 years in a row, and was team captain. Plenty of times I felt like it was on my shoulders to win a game. On a bad day I was capable of at least matching the play level of the best player on the other team. I give credit to my coaches for preparing me to be able to do that. I don't think I would have been as productive of a player had I not been pushed and sometimes called out when needed.

Today coaches have to walk on eggshells, and deal with far more discipline issues than 25 years ago. Everyone gets a trophy, score isn't kept, and they're forced to put players on the field who'd rather be picking flowers and chasing dragon flies. Believe or not the way things are run in youth sports these days does effect kids sense of competition and want for improvement.

Again, not condoning how this coach went off or his choice of words, but some kids need more than just a little pat on the ass and away you go.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Damn Augie reminds me of my high school baseball coach. Dude once called me the fucking vice fucking president of the fucking dumb ass club and called a teammate of mine the fucking president of the fucking dumb ass club and then wrapped a fungo bat around a pole and told all of us we were whale shit on the bottom of the ocean.

I won't say his name but it rhymes with Steve Rachal, Pineville High School. He made me hate baseball.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I lost respect for that man many years ago, about the time we beat them in 09.

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

"what this fucking game is really about!"

ah...a game?

10. boblinfoto

boblinfoto Ohio LSU fan/artist

Sounds like he takes humanity lessons from Will Muschamp. Both of them yell way too much! They humiliate their players, and then expect them to perform?

VampMuse and Richdog like this.