CWS in Omaha (sorry, I can't help it)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeDTiger, Jun 18, 2011.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

My money's been on Vandy from the outset. Hopefully, they can get past FLA in the rematch (#6 for the season). They've got the pitching to go all the way.

If Vandy wins, would it be their first NC in a major sport? I am assuming yes.

2. Tiger_fan

Tiger_fan Veteran Member

i'm jealous of Vandy baseball coach Tim Corbin. i read that LSU gave him the chance to replace Smoke as our coach, and he turned us down. Vandy's baseball stadium isn't any better than UCLA's crappy baseball stadium, yet he still brings in this insane amount of talent (sure, Vanderbilt is an elite private school that costs $40K/year, but baseball coaches are much more limited in how many scholarships they can give than football coaches)

yes for a major team sport. the Vanderbilt women's bowling team was the 2007 NCAA champions, which was Vandy's first team championship since the advent of the NCAA (1906). a few months ago, the women bowling team made it to the 2011 NCAA championship game, but lost to finish #2 (i actually watched some of it on ESPN out of curiosity)

3. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

Vanderbilt sends UNC packing - NCAA.com
    Vandy eliminates UNC, they play Florida at 1 on Friday. If Vandy wins, then Florida and Vandy play again on Saturday at 1.

The winner of Thursdays game plays South Carolina at 6 on Friday. If South Carolina loses, they play again on Saturday at 6.

Game 10: 6 p.m.
    Virginia vs. California
    ESPN2 HD/ESPN3.com
    Mike Patrick, Orel Hershiser & Kyle Peterson

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'd like to see Vandy win it all. Their fans have had to endure so much sucky football, it would be cool to see them succeed at something. But, FU is looking strong. Of Vandy' 11 losses this year, 4 have been to FU, including yesterday at the CWS.

Kind of reminds me of LSU's '96 (Warren Morris) championship team. They lost to FU 4 times during the regular season, including getting swept at 'The Box', then beat them twice at the CWS on their way to the 'ship.

If Vandy can't win it, then I'd like to see the 'Cocks repeat. They would be the last team to win at Rosenblatt and the first to win at the new park.

1 person likes this.
  5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i feel the same.

the cock already have the last walk off home run in rosenblatt, and the first in the new $ellout park. that is something no one can ever take away from them.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'd just like to do it once :D

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Anybody but Florida. Have I mentioned before how much I HATE Florida?

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I tend to agree. Those people are arrogant enough, as it is. We can't have them winning NC's in all 3 sports within the same decade. No way.

Go Vandy!!!

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Agreed...how can you not root for Vandy? They haven't done anything to anyone :D

1 person likes this.
  10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

vandy is like the "everybody's little brother" of the sec.

geaux 'dors.