D J Chark

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by 65Grad, Apr 23, 2015.

1. 65Grad

65Grad Maturity is Overrated

Dandy Don's got a link to an article about DJ. Good read about a great kid who just want's to be "a piece of the puzzle."

LSUDad likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tiger Chark and the D Destroyers. You heard it hear first.

ParadiseiNC and lsu-i-like like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Both DJ and Dural look close in height, weight and speed down on the field. When you add a Dupre, a defense has to have a third CB, or a safety used to cover, gonna see problems. Dupre made some nice catches, did a good job running routes.

4. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

But Dad, we don't throw the ball ever, remember?

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Too early to write off Quinn. He averaged 11 yards a catch last year in the slot but all everyone remembers is those two drops at Alabama. I think Chark may share Durals starting position at wideout. I think Diarse and Quinn will play the slot mostly. All five will see the field regularly.

Kal-El012 and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Agree Red, way to early. Quinn was one fielding punts along with T. White and Rickey Jefferson.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Would like to see Quinn used in motion if he is still having trouble getting off of the LOS. Lord knows he can catch the ball.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So apparently Quinn is going to have to jump the Chark.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Oh, well. Back to the charkboard.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

When LSU runs out of "11" personnel, 1RB (Fournette), 1TE(Jeter) and 3 WR's(Dural, Chark and Dupre), you better have a bunch of good DB's on the field. With 12:25 before the half, Dural was lined up on the left and made the catch. Again with 9:40 before the half, Chark was lined up on the left, same throw, double coverage, CB and Safety. Put it this way, two WR's at 6'2" and one at 6'3", you better have some tall DB's, or at least some with hops.

With this OL, they should be able to get the short yards when needed. Want to see Hawk more in the Fall, but he looks smooth blocking, keeping his man in front of him, ideal frame, long arms, stays squared up. Clapp working from OC, looks like a guy that wants the position, it helped having Pocic and Boutte at his sides. Boutte had that one holding call, but he could end up being a very good player. When talking about an OL, the term "inside the phone booth" comes into play. This means run blocking, inside an area the size of a phone booth, can he handle his man, keep him there. If a lineman has to pull, get outside the booth. Not just a power run blocker. Grimes is trying to get these guys to play the position.

With the #2 OL going against the #1 DL, some of those OL played good. Trying to build depth. Clapp helps free up Pocic, an injury or bump, could cause Pocic to move to another position. If an OT goes down, you might not see the 3rd OT hit the field, Pocic could move to OT and someone else move into guard. Grimes move a number of players around in this game, still trying to find the best 5 players.

I was talking with a coach a couple weeks ago, he was the coach that signed LSU OL Coach Jeff Grimes out of high school to play at UTEP. I was talking about Jeff, then he tells me about him recruiting and signing Coach Grimes. Asked how hard was he to recruit? Andy Reid (Head Coach at KC Chiefs) and Dirk Koetter ( OC at Tampa Bay) were on that staff. Reid was the OL coach. So I guess it wasn't too hard?