Dale Brown Rejects Brady's Invite

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gotlsu, Mar 29, 2006.

1. gotlsu

gotlsu Founding Member

Dale Brown lays low

posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2006
    ESPN INSIDER

Former LSU coach Dale Brown appreciates the invitation by current coach John Brady, but he'll choose to keep his distance.

Brown said Tuesday that he was invited to be a more vocal member of this Tiger tour of the Final Four. But he wants the focus to be on the current crop of players and Brady. Brown did say he would be in attendance in Indianapolis.

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

Are you the same guy that slammed Shaq last week and said............. "SHAQ IS A SELLOUT"?

3. gotlsu

gotlsu Founding Member

Man, one bad post get over it already.

4. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I think the subject of this thread doesn't do the story justice. You make it sound as if Dale Brown wants nothing to do with the Tigers.

I can't blame him for wanting the spotlight to be on this year's team instead of his 1986 team.

5. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Of course Dale isn't going...On top of thousands of LSU fans bashing him for leaving the program in the state that it was in when he left (some of it justified), WHY would someone accept an invitation??

It's like the Red Sox with Bill Buckner...Everyone blamed Buckner for losing the WS for the Sox back in '86 (oddly enough since that was the last time LSU was in the Final Four) and then when they win, all of a sudden, everyone in Boston wanted him to be a part of the celebration...but he wanted no part of it. Similar situation with Brown.

Though Coach Brown said all the right things (i.e. that he wants the focus on the current players) and was diplomatic about it, deep down I think Dale is like, "I wasn't appreciated when I left...why go now?"

Besides...Dale going to the games this weekend would cut into his Bigfoot hunting time... ;)

6. Cajun J

Cajun J Founding Member

I'm guessing you are talking about his recruiting? Or is Dale like Pete Maravich and his belief in UFO's??!!!??

7. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

I believe the invitation was to travel with the team and participate in the media events. He's going to the game, regardless.

8. BostonBengal

Ok...I didn't catch that--I just sort of skimmed over the article. Thanks.

9. BostonBengal

Hell...he can invite ME instead!!! I certainly wouldn't mind accepting that offer! :thumb: :D

10. col reb

col reb Founding Member

I agree. I think he was saying, "Hey! Thanks for the offer. But let's let this team and their coach revel in "their time" in the spotlight. Anything I did years ago that might have contributed to this day should be brought up later. I don't want to be any kind of distraction to their cause. AFTER THEY WIN THE NC, WE CAN ALL GET TOGETHER AND REMEMBER OLD TIMES." IMO--Good coach, intelligent man, Tiger thru and thru, and wise."