Dallas Area Tigers - Need help

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by TexasTigers, Apr 3, 2004.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

My Cajun seafood store closed down where I got all my live Crawfish (Bayou Boys in Lewisville)

Where do y'all get your bugs now ? I need Selects dont care the price. I have to do about 500 pounds over the next month and need a source.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Tony's Seafood in B.R. ships world wide and is real consistant as far as quality. Not a fly by night operation and have been open in B.R. forever. Their seafood prices are comparable with other retailers but not sure about shipping costs. Tony's Seafood LTD 5215 Plank Rd BR La. 357-9669 or 355-2127 or 357-9642. 500 pounds should be no problem for them. They also have their own brand boil seasoning which is probably the biggest seller around here. :geaux: :lsug:

3. TexasTigers

Thanks Twisted I will call them. I grew up on Tonys, so I always love supporting the local business man (As in back home)

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

ok....why the hell are you boiling all this crawfish and not calling me to partake???????

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

6. dallas tiger 2

dallas tiger 2 Founding Member

Call Captain Dave's Seafood in Plano (NE corner of Plano Pkwy and Alma - right by Collin Creek Mall). I've been buying crawfish from these guys for many years,,,,his bugs are always select and clean....no need to purge. This place is ROCK SOLID - Friday orders need to be in by Tuesday and Saturday orders need to be in by Wednesday. Phone number is (972) 424-3474. They also have Louisiana Dump 'n Boil (in the 1 lb and 5 lb bags) plus Zatarains. Can't go wrong with this place....take care.

7. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

dallas tiger2...Do you know of any places in the city? Don't get me wrong, I'll drive to Plano, but do you know of any places...oh....in the neighborhood of central Dallas?

8. TexasTigers

Thanks Dallas I do appreciate it. I called Tony's but I probably will try this guy out since he is local (And close to my home) so I can just drive over and pick them up.

Tonys is going to send me Shrimp though..

Cool. I will let you know the result. I was worried (And bummed) when Bayou Boys closed down I loved that place.

9. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

Did anyone try Captain Dave's to be able to give a second opinion? We are trying to get some boiled crawfish for my step-daughter's birthday party. I cannot test it, because I am very allergic.

10. TexasTigers

Yup I used Captain Daves in Plano 2 weeks ago, got 80 pounds. It was fine, a little on the small side I thought for Late April early May, but they were very few dead ones and the where pre-purged. I was satisfied. They had some great shrimp though.