Dallas Tigers - Babe Laufenberg called USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Wolf04

Wolf04 Founding Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Okay. This is getting ridiculous. I am tired of see posters moan and whine every time an ESPN analyst or some reporter refers to USC as the defending NC (or something to that effect). Now I understand that this particular reporter referred to them as the BCS champions. I think that would be more of a mistake of words rather than blatant disrespect of LSU. I am not bashing on you TT, I am just a bit sick of all the talk of bulletin board material and lack of respect. I am completely comfortable with our BCS national championship and feel no urge to bash every person who credits USC as a national champion (or even "the" NC) because I know it won't change anyone’s opinion.

[​IMG]

Here's to 3-4 undefeated BCS teams at the end of the year and many more to come untill CF finnally decides that a playoff is the only fair way to go.

2. BB

BB Founding Member

Only problem is that CF makes decisions based on money and not on fairness...

I'm cheering for the same scenario.

3. BigMamou

BigMamou Founding Member

That's what I was thinking too......:lol:

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Well I will say it again, I could care less if people refer to USC as National Champions but for a reporter to say "The defending BCS national champion USC" to me is pretty absurd... I am happy you are happy, I to am happy, but as for those of us who live in Dallas I thought it was important to point out that Babe is a moron....

5. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Borderline funniest thing evAr!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

I guess that is on the same level as thinking about baseball or something like that while 'On the Job'. :wink:

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Well, I've still got it. Last night, during sex, my wife lost her place in her book. :thumb:

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

As another transplanted Louisianian in Dallas, I can concur that the sportscasters here are terrible--and I doubt any of them can even spell SEC--because they certainly never say it.

When we were in town for the Cotton Bowl a couple of years ago, I was so eager to see coverage of LSU, but it was all Texas. When Texas wasn't there last year, they basically didn't cover the Cotton Bowl.

9. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

SABANFAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great news for you and your wife during reading time...i mean procreation.

MEDICAL BREAKTHRU FOR SABANFAN

10. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Man this thread took an interesting turn....