Damian James off the TEAM THIS WEEK

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeafValleyBatnR, Oct 23, 2002.

1. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

Saban said on his talk show that Damian did not show up for 3 days of practice and he thinks he quit but he does not know and that he is off the team this week. He also said that he could not comment on issues with Damian and that Damian is dealing with some things in a way that he himself would not deal with in the way he is. This is not an exact quote but its close.

DD FOR HEISMAN

2. JTV

JTV Founding Member

DJ

I wonder if this is the kind of problem that some players have to deal with over the course of several months, say nine months?

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Correct, we shouldn't say things about a situation we know nothing about. Saban said as much in his press conference, and boy he got hot! So I'm going to leave it at that.

In case anyone wants to know, Jack Hunt will start in his place at free safety against Auburn.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, thats what I dont understand. While it may be none of our business, it is certainly Sabans business. If he really doesnt know whether or not DJ quit the team, there is a real problem. If I didnt show up for work for three day, I would no longer have work. I love DJ and think he is an asset to the team, but this is rediculous. He should at least let Saban and his team mates know whats going on. Im sure he has 85 friends on that football team that would like some kind of explanation.

5. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

Damian James..

is back.

6. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

According to Saban, Randall Gay will start at Free Safety. I assume that means that Webster will be the Corner and Hunt will probably come in on Nickel situations. Not sure what they will do in the Dime package. Maybe Travis Moses or Adrian Mayes? Sure is nice to be deep in the secondary.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

TigerFan, what does "Is back" mean. Have you heard that all is well again..

Even if he comes back, I bet Saban benches him anyway.

8. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

NOT BACK..

tEXASTIGER. I read on Dandy Don's web site early this morning that Damain had returned. The report was wwrong. I wish I had not made the post.

9. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

Damian James off the team this week

I am a little disappointed to see James off the team this week. I heard Cach Saban's remarks on the radio here in Tulsa, OK. Love that range!!!

He was a good solid player and seemed to be performing VERY WELL this year. It bothers me that he is having difficulties and I hope that it all works out for him. How is Jack Hunt playing this year? Do ya'll see any problems with him filling in and stepping up?

I'm an FANATIC Tiger fan here in BIG 12 country and I love to see the SEC teams do well so I can talk them up.

GEAUX TIGERS!

10. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Welcome to the board, GMTarondor! Keep the faith up there in OK!