Damien James/Thoughts on the Game and the Season

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by joetiger, Oct 28, 2002.

1. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

*I do apologize if this has been posted and beaten to death already,*

but what in the world is going on with him? He was obviously not the primary reason for our loss against Auburn, but I'm sure his absence had some effect on the team. The media continues to report on "personal issues" but that really leaves us in the dark. I just don't get it. Anybody know anything?

The game was hard to stomach, but it's over and done with and it's time to move on, get people healthy, and get Marcus Randall some more reps and some time to work on his mechanics. We ran into a buzzsaw in Auburn. We've done it to them before (when they are up and we are down) and will do it again, and vice-versa. That's what makes this such a fun rivalry. We have much yet to accomplish and I, for one, was not believing the BCS/LSU back-door Championship talk. I think the current situation narrows our focus on what's truly important--the SEC West, then the SEC Championship Game.

I have to say I was shocked and surprised when Tubberville knelt instead of trying for a final touchdown--I think maybe it goes back to last year when LSU did the same thing. While Tubberville's past exploits have shown him to be generally lacking in the class department, I think that maybe he has respect for Saban, and vice-versa. In an age of bad sportsmanship, maybe our coach's behavior is rubbing off on other coaches, and that's not a bad thing.

GEAUX TIGERS! BEAT BYE!

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

As far as I am concerned, D. James has issues which only he can deal with. However, he clearly does not have the team's interests at heart and IMO should be cut loose. Paul's Pirogue in Carencro needs crawfish boilers so he'll have work.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If DJ has personal issues, then they are PERSONAL. It's none of our business and I really don't care.

On the other hand, his presence on the team is a public issue. Nick first said DJ quit the team and they were moving on, "Got it?". Now we hear he has been suspended indefinitely. Team members have been quoted as saying they welcome him back. They have also said his absence hurt them at Auburn. Nick says he is supportive of DJ. He has also said DJ was no longer on the team.

I just think his team status needs to be clarified. This has nothing to do with DJ's personal business.

4. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

I do care if the kid is having problems. He's been a good player and apparently a good teammate up until now, so curiosity begs the question. His issues are having an effect on the team.

Personal or public, it certainly is a distraction. Within the next two weeks hopefully it will all be resolved for the good of the team.

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

DAMIEN JAMES

DJ was not the the reason we lost the football game turnovers was the reason we lost the football game. Sorry DJ has problems but he is gone LSU needs to move on. I wish DJ the best of luck in his life. The only thing that I would like to know is why what happened. We might find out later but for now the team needs to put Auburn behind and look forward to UK because I am going up to Lexington and I do not want this trip to end like my VT weekend did.

SEC IS ON MY MIND

6. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

I saw the game, I understand that the loss was due to turnovers as well as getting pushed around on the line of scrimmage, and I am looking forward to the rest of the season. I'm just wondering what happened to one of the defensive leaders of the team, that's all.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

THE WORSE THING ABOUT THE INTERNET

Is you can not tell what kind of attitude the person writing has I was not being critical of your post. My point is I thought the Defense played pretty good but when you give up the ball inside your 30 and 24 points on 4 turnovers Damien leaving the team had nothing to do with that. I was just voicing my opinion on him and I do not think losing the game was due to him leaving the team. If the defense would have given up 500 yards in total offense and 300 passing then you could say DJ might have been the cause. That was all I was doing sorry if you thought I was being a jerk.

TUBBY NO BETTER THAN DINARDO

8. joetiger

joetiger Founding Member

No, no offense taken and I'm not trying to offend either--we're all for the same team (except the posters from other teams of course, who are amicable and intelligence for the most part themselves!)

Just something to talk about. It's been a boring day at work and you gotta wonder what's going on with a kid that was doing pretty well.

9. DeafValleyBatnR

Sure has been boring

Its been so boring I agreed with Chuck. If you've been on this board for a while you will know that that was hard to do. LOL

TUBBY NO BETTER THAN DINARDO