Dan Patrick 10-6-21

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Brian likes this.
  2. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Dan's got very good sources in general, but having listened to him for years he does for sure when it comes to college football. He usually won't pass anything along if he's not pretty confident in it. I'll have to give it a listen when I'm able, was this the tidbit about Arch Manning and LSU might make a change to get into his recruitment? I saw something about that somewhere.

Perple likes this.
  3. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

I used to watch his show when it was simulcast on a cable channel. What ever channel it was on dropped him and a Google search revealed he's now on Peacock.

4. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Yes, it's this one. I found it by accident, but some interesting stuff. Sounds like LSU might be leaning towards an Offensive minded coach. Wonder if Urban Meyer might actually come here.

12 team CFB playoffs

Brian likes this.
  5. Brian

Brian Founding Member

Dropped him? You mean from when he was on NBC Sports Network? He's upgraded at almost every turn with his platform and bounced around. He started the radio show in his attic, now he's got hundreds of radio affiliates, Audience Network and DirectTV invested in him heavily and NBC put him on. He went I think to YouTube only for a bit after he left NBC and Sunday Night Football for the video aspect but NBC wanted his show back in the fold hence Peacock.

6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

I used to like Dan Patrick, but what a crappy take! If we fire Orgeron for off the field incidents, I see no way we hire Meyer given his recent similar incidents. We have Johnson, Nussmeier, and Walker (hopefully) in our QB room. Arch Manning would be a great get, but the cupboard is far from empty. I don’t see hiring a new HC solely to increase the possibility of landing Manning as neither smart nor realistic.

65Grad, Herb, Winston1 and 1 other person like this.
  7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I agree on Suburban, don't want that dude anywhere near our team. Manning isn't going to come here, maybe if Peyton gets hired as the HC and that would only be a maybe. Just go get a great coach not named Bill O'brien. Let the other shit work itself out

8. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I enjoy Dan Patrick and he usually has good sources but this is just fluff. First O isn’t being fired to get Arch Manning but because of the mess he’s made. Second Scott Woodward has never hired for a short term goal and that’s what this would be....a foolish goal. I aalso don’t see Urban as a solution. Not only does he have this latest incident with the woman but his SEC tenure at Florida ended on asour note. I don’t see him interested in LSU o4 Scott interested in him. @shane0911 was to look into rumors about Lincoln Riley being a potential hire. He would be more of a Woodward target.

Perple and Hou-duco like this.
  9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Agree 100%. This is way bigger than one player, that shouldn't even be a consideration.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No one hear seems to think that has legs. Honestly, with the relationship I know he has with Bob Stoops and with the school I really can't see him making that move. Money talks so if they throw enough of it at him he could take it. Guess we see

LSU_4_LIFE likes this.