Dandy Don on 12/5/09

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tuckerman, Dec 5, 2009.

1. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Dandy Don is very optimistic about the Tiger's chances next year and gives a position breakdown on the 2010 starters. That's the good.

The bad, IMHO, is that he hears Crowton and Stud will remain on the staff. Could Miles just be hoping those two get offers elsewhere, ala co-DC's last year, so he won't have to fire them? Or does he still have faith in them? :confused:

2. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

If those two return next year, its hard to expect good things. Miles probably won't make it past 2011. With UNC and WV on the schedule, it's doubtful we will see a very good year with that staff. I'm a Miles supporter, but I don't see how you keep two people who's responsible for proven underperformance. Sad if this is true. :rolleye33:

3. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

This is the key to 2010!!

As for the quarterback position, I look for Jordan Jefferson to be very much improved if he can beat out Chris Garrett in Spring practice. Garrett is a big kid (6'4", 225) with a cannon for an arm and is very smart.

very smart means he knows the complete play book and can make all the throws.

I'm 50/50 on GC coming back but CLM knows his future is based on each game so it's his call.

I was told by my one and only inside source that Chris will be QB and GC looks to be safe. It's hard for me to believe that JJ sits after growing him up for more than a year as starter. But, Chris shows up JJ on a daily basis and the team expects to see Chris as starter. I will believe it when I see it.
    Goes against all the CLM as has done since he has been here. Chris has a high FBI and quick release. Football smarts and quick release are the weakness of JJ. G. Lee followed by the slow play of JJ has put this offense close to the very bottom of the SEC. We shall see.

cliff:miles:

4. TwT

TwT Denham Springs High 85'

Who would want to hire a coach that ranked 108th in his profession this year :dis:? Like I said on another post, if CLM keeps Crowton and the offense does like this year they should fire Mile's and Crowton, Miles for being Stupid and Crowton for his offense.

5. TigerCliff

I agree!

If they turn it around and do something like making a risky upgrade at QB and making OL changes like Dandy is saying you would have hope.

If no changes are made and we get the same O next year I agree.

4/4 in the SEC and a record like 8/5 I would be in favor of firing CLM!

If they do make changes and we see 6/2 or 7/1 in SEC play good!!!

cliff:miles:

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

"My prediction is that the offensive line at the end of Spring practice will be Patrick Lonergan at center, Alex Hurst and Josh Dworaczyk as the starting guards backed up by Will Blackwell and T-Bob Hebert, and Joseph Barksdale and Chris Faulk as the starting tackles backed up by Greg Shaw and Matt Branch."

Disagree. I expect Hebert to stay at Center, Josh D & Will Blackwell to start at Guards. I also thought that Barksdale would switch over to LT, but he showed no improvement this year so unless he improves tremendously this off-season, I don't see it.

"I also expect to see Russell Shepard play more at wide receiver and in the Wild Tiger formation in Spring practice, and I believe Michael Ford will emerge as the number one running back with Stevan Ridley and Richard Murphy next in order."

Ridley will be the #1 RB next year. Ford may or may not pass Murphy, but I believe a true freshman will get in the mix as well.

Deangelo Peterson will be one of the better receiving TEs in the SEC and Mitch Joseph will be one of the best blocking TEs in the SEC.

Peterson needs to bulk up & learn to block in order to be a TE. Sure, you put a WR at TE & he'll be a great "receiving TE", but until he can block it doesn't matter. Mitch Joseph also has a ways to go to be one of the best blocking TEs.

7. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

We all have our opinions on what Miles needs to do with his staff and I think that we can all emphatically agree that a 108 ranking on offense is not only unacceptable but it's an absolute embarrassment.

I don't care what Miles does as long as he does something and improves this situation quickly. The facts are glaring. They are not only the elephant in the room, they are the room. If he misses it and gets it wrong next year it's house cleaning time.

The info on Chris is intriguing. It will make for an interesting off season and loads of speculation. You're going to have a QB competition between 3 quality players. With Jarrett being the also ran. I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I am still a Miles supporter and have confidence that he will make the right decisions ths off season. Whatever those decisions are. If he doesn't then I will still be a Miles fan even as I watch the Mayflower truck pull away from the Stadium.

It's not personal, it's football.

8. TigerCliff

QB competition between 3 quality players. With Jarrett being the also ran.

Jarrett should transfer unless he just loves LSU and doesn't mind the bench.

If Chris makes a move we all know we will see the CJ and JJ show with JL being a no show.

cliff:milesmic:

9. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

I guess this is Chris Garrett? Shoudn't it be CG? Anyway, I have heard from a few that CG is the best passer on the team and was last spring. But I'd still be suprised if he wins the job from JJ. I hope at least it is an open competition...

10. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

If TT leaves (along with BL) then could DeAngelo Peterson be converted to WR?

That would leave the starting tight end job to true freshman Travis Dickson (assuming he sticks with his commitment) as the receiving tight end and Mitch Joseph will remain as the blocking TE.