Dandy Don on 12/5/09

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tuckerman, Dec 5, 2009.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

yep

sick with a fever- thats my excuss and I am sticking with it

CG

opps!!!

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

So we want to start yet another new QB and expect to be successful?

Dandy Don was guzzling the Kool-aid on entry, too...

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I think Hebert is undersized for his position in the SEC and Lonergan takes over at center. I think Dworaczyk is a natural tackle and will move to right tackle because Barksdale will move to left tackle because of his experience, the other tackles are green. The best of the rest would be Blackwell at guard and perhaps Shaw, as well.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

i agree. lonergan is the better center... at least has more potential.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Lonergan has better size, and maybe over-all OL ability, but apparently isn't as good with the mental aspect of it as Hebert. IMO, our coaches will always take the mental aspect over physical ability at Center.

6. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

Yea I read this as well and was instantly disappointed. I think if Miles does this and we lose to Florida, Bama, and Ole Piss again then he is done. To me this is a very risky move on his part. Hell I think if we don't win at least 2 out these 3 games next year (assuming we keep Crowten and Stud) then that time to search for a new HC.

I know what some of you will say "well dont you think we will have a hard time with a new OC?" Unfortunately I think with Crowten's resume/track record and then the way our O-line has severely underachieved I would be willing to take the risk for improvement in the next couple of years. I just see very limited improvement in the offense and for that matter regression in areas. I just have a problem keeping an offense that is ranked at virtually the bottom of the NCAA. It doesn't help that Miles made the comment that this is one of the best O-lines that he has ever coached and they have been blown off the ball almost all year. I dont know what to make of that.

I, like most of you, have the utmost respect for Coach Miles, however I fear his loyalty and his stubbornness will be his undoing here. Hopefully we are get good news after we beat Iowa/Penn St. this year. :tigerhead

7. tigerbubba

tigerbubba Founding Member

Yeah, I agree. What is the facsination with the back-up qb. That would be 3 years of inexperienced starters. JJ threw for over 62% completions with an o-line that could not block a pop warner team. What makes anyone think Garrett is better considering he has never taken a snap.

Remember Josh Booty was a great practice qb, but game production was quite different.

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

JJ threw for over 62% completions

yes he did

what was his average per completion ?

He is the king of the dink pass

:milesmic:

9. Blue TurboDog

Blue TurboDog GeauxTigersGo

How DandyDon replied to my email:

"I hope that both coaches are fired... I am only posting what I have been told from sources who are right about 90 percent of the time."

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Entire offensive schemes are designed around the short passing game. That's what works best in the absence of a running game.