Dandy Don on 12/5/09

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tuckerman, Dec 5, 2009.

1. tigerbubba

tigerbubba Founding Member

JJ had no protection this year what so ever. After last years "pick six fiasco" you think that a quarterback that swallowed the football and did not make stupid decisions would make some of you guys happy. He could have played better at times, but we had NO RUNNING GAME. I posted in another thread JJ stats compared to Mauck on 03 and Flynn in 07. JJ's numbers are actually better than Flynn's and nearly as good as Mauck's. The only difference is we only had 1500 rushing yards this year compared to 2600 in 03 and 2900 in 07.

JJ was asked to do more with less this year and for a sophmore qb I think he did pretty darn good.

2. rockwallfan

rockwallfan Founding Member

i had the same concern about crowton and stud and was told there is too much contract money right now for lsu to eat. i still say fire them and eat the money. playing up to our abilities and talents will surely put more money into the pot than keeping these guys and playing down to the opponents level. this has been a really sh---y year because of the frustrations of not playing up to our abilities. no question, we underperformed pretty much across the board this year (except PP) but i just can't help but think that we have probably the most talented wide receivers in the country, two of which (i believe) were ranked #1 prospect coming out of high school...but i can't say i've seen many more boring offenses in the country. that's not only a shame, it's criminal.

3. FriedBoudinBall

FriedBoudinBall Founding Member

my guess is that Crowton will likely stay rather than virtually an entirely new offensive staff to confuse our already struggling offense. i think the issue with his offense is that he needs a sharp quarterback (remember Tim Rattay at LaTech? smart QB, very productive). Clearly, JJ and JL don't represent that. of course, there is that whole lack of offensive line thing, too.

4. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

I recommend rewatching the games. I've watched them all at least twice. Your statement is flat out false. He was pressured quickly at times (blitzes, and sometimes late in the game), but for the most part he was sacked because he did not step up into a normal pocket, or he took way too long to make his reads.

5. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

It is ironic that JJ actually does much better rolling out. The guy is not a pocket passer.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Bill Walsh and his coaching tree disagree.

You can't have a vertical passing threat if your O-Line can't block a four-man rush from a WAC opponent...

7. lsutigerfan1976

lsutigerfan1976 Freshman

The only thing i see at times is miles and gary being very stubborn. Meaning i say they stick with JJ regardless of what any of the other quarterbacks do in the spring. Besides replacing Hitt and Black i dont see much change in the Oline. The play calling will be about the same with little to no adjustments. So the question that remains to be answered will how will that result on the field next year.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

We're going to see some of the same players, but we should see improvement from most, if not all of them. The O-Line will have another year together, save for Black and Hitt. Hebert should be adding more weight and strength. Blackwell will have been with the O-Line group for a year longer. Faulk will be in the mix and I think he's going to pick up right where Black and Whitworth left off on the left side.

The play-calling will change, just like it does every year a QB adds another season of experience. Replacing our inexperienced QB with an even more inexperienced QB is the stupoidest thing I have ever heard an LSU fan say.

9. LSUpathdoc

LSUpathdoc Trust me, I'm a Doctor

I agree. Miles should open every position up for grabs. You have to win your position and if you dont then tough sh!t. Competition only makes the whole team better. :tigerhead