Dandy report player don't agree with many of the anti Les fans!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Dec 8, 2009.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I know lots who wanted to help Mac pack. I'm sure they wouldn't have said anything to the great man's face. My dad also knew Mac very well, so we didn't appreciate all of the negativity that surrounded him, either.

In fact, my dad wrote a letter to Coach Miles last Tuesday, letting him know how much Miles' treatment reminds him of how people treated Charlie Mac. As a measure of the man Miles is, by Friday, a handwritten card arrived in the mail from Les Miles to my dad, expressing his gratitude for the letter.

And, yet, the wolves would like to have Les Miles for dinner.

1 person likes this.
  2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Just another testament to Miles' character. Still, I can't help but be amazed by the sheer hatred of Miles on this forum. Criticism is one thing, but the negativity stems from something deeper. I still think that even if Miles left today, people would find plenty enough to complain about for the next coach:miles:

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

that was last year.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I'm sure they would still criticize a new coach, but this is irrational. It has been since he was hired; people thought we were going to score Bill Belichick or something, and when it was lowly Les Miles (who had a better record than Mighty St. Nick had at MSU when we hired him), people immediately went ballistic.

Then, came the Tennessee game, and if people weren't po'd about his blowing that huge lead (which at least was justifiable), they complained about his headset and his hat and the fact that he waved to his wife and kids in the stands during warm-ups.

And it's never stopped. Well...I take that back, it stopped for a few months after the now-derided '07 NC. But then the '08 campaign was disappointing. It was--no doubt about it, and even though he's improved by 2 games over last year and was in the hunt for the SECW into November, it still isn't enough.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Sweet :cool:

6. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Last year was disappointing, but I watched it unfold and thought that we were rebuilding. 7-5 as the low point after five seasons is not bad, in fact The Sabangod had one like it too. I think we're still rebuilding, and I do believe next year will bring us another crystal ball.

7. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

There are fans that get it and those that don't. Those that do can see the bigger picture and are more interested in the overall health and direction of the program and its reflection on the University. They understand that there is a lot more to it than wins and losses. These fans have a deeper set of values that are not secured by shallow roots. These are the fans that are in it all the way through thick and thin.

The others gauge the success of a program strictly on wins and championships. They are the same fans that disappear in the lean times and resurface when the team is churning out W's. They are typically the fans that tie their own success to the success of their team as if the result of a game or season somehow reflects upon them personally. They are likely the same group that will cascade boos upon the young men that are playing their butts off on the field.

There are always going to be these two camps in every fan base. My hope is that as we grow and mature more will join the former group than the latter.

1 person likes this.
  8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Our "fans" would prefer a coach that could give a rats ass about LSU over one that chose to stay at LSU rather than go back "home".

If that other coach were here, then we would be reading threads like these right now:

9. LSUTIgerSTL

LSUTIgerSTL Freshman

I wish all the naysayers could realize how highly regarded and respected LSU is in the rest of the nation. I'm here in Big 12 country and border Big 10 (11) country. MIZZOU tiger fans would LOVE to have what LSU has. the Illini fans can't even comprehend a program like we have. That sentiment is rampant across the vast majority of schools and fan bases that I've run across regardless of geography.
    Be PROUD of LSU. Be PROUD of the heritage and reputation LSU has. EMBRACE the good and stop the friggin' whining. Is the program perfect? NO! Does the program suck and need life support? NO

and by the way, I'm fed up with hearing it's too cold in Tiger stadium! go buy an LSU logo'd backbone....or winter coat and a hat and gloves and a scarf....or whatever....cowboy up or just stay home.
    I'm not judging...I'm just sayin'............:miles:

3 people like this.
  10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

good post, i agree with everything. yeah i don't get how people will complain about the cold... just bring a frickin' jacket. it's not rocket science... it's called Weather Channel.