Daniel Francis commits to Saban

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TIGERNMS, Dec 19, 2002.

1. TIGERNMS

TIGERNMS Founding Member

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Daniel Francis (5'11", 170, 4.4, RB/DB) from Port Barre is also a trackster.

Led the Port Barre Red Devils to the class 2-A state championship.

3. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

With Francis' verbal, Saban now has commitments from 4 of the top 5 DB's in Louisiana (even though Francis starred on offense this year, he'll play DB at LSU), and the 5th, LaRon Landry, is said to be a strong LSU lean, but Landry still wants to take his visits to Florida and Miami next month. Saban is recruiting Landry as a free safety. Saban's also in the mix for one of the top JUCO strong safeties in the country, James Griffin. Both Landry and Griffin are players who might play immediately at LSU.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

In this morning's Lafayette Daily Fertilizer, Daniel was quoted as saying (about his wanting to be a running back in college) "(Coach Nick Saban) says it's up to me. Whatever I want to play, he'll try me there. If he thinks I'm better at another position, he'll try to work me there. It doesn't matter to me where I play. I'm going to wait and see how it goes, see if I can gain a little weight before I report."

I like his attitude.

5. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

<<< In this morning's Lafayette Daily Fertilizer, Daniel was quoted as saying (about his wanting to be a running back in college) "(Coach Nick Saban) says it's up to me. Whatever I want to play, he'll try me there. If he thinks I'm better at another position, he'll try to work me there. It doesn't matter to me where I play. I'm going to wait and see how it goes, see if I can gain a little weight before I report."

I like his attitude. >>>

^ 5 Saban Fan.

In the end that will be the reason LSU wins another SEC Championship, or maybe a national championship someday. Because of unselfish players who want to be at LSU, and who will do anything their coaches ask to help the team win.

6. This is good news. He seems selfless and it never hurts to have a kid commit quickly without requesting other visits. Shows he is a Tiger at heart.

7. PlaneauxTiger

PlaneauxTiger Founding Member

Yep.

Absolutely. Remember Stephen Peterman? I think he visited Notre Dame and when interviewed about his visit he said something like, "It was nice, but it was not LSU." He signed as a TE but changed positions. I love watching him on the field. Kade Comeaux is another player that comes to mind who committed right away.

These guys are priceless.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, he visited Tulane, but, according to him there was never any doubt about where he wanted to go. He talks like LSU is doing HIM a favor.

9. EELSU1

EELSU1 Founding Member

And Garrett Wibel, another player who loved LSU since he was a kid, who said when he signed with the Tigers: "If you live in the state of Louisiana and LSU offers you a scholarship and you don't take it, you're an idiot."

^ 5 Garrett!