Davenport leaves the team

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Jan 9, 2013.

1. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Dude, he never played. That's why he's jumping ship. Apparently, there were true freshmen better than him. This happens in sports.

plotalot likes this.
  2. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

He is a graduate in pursuit of a masters degree. He's thinking about his personal life beyond football while getting a chance to extend his football career one more season, one that may be the most fulfilling one ever for him personally.

TigerTap likes this.
  3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

But not very often for someone with a 5star label .................so, do we continue to believe ALL the hype from recruiting services???

4. tigerchick46

tigerchick46 Quick Learner

Apparently a good move, seems he has no chance of ever seeing the field.........best wishes.

5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

why are you so negative? nothing is going on behind closed doors except what is supposed to go on. the dude never touched the field. some kids just are not cut out to play SEC caliber football, just ask those kids who play for Notre Dame.

gyver, StaceyO and SonnyLoco like this.
  6. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

Do you even watch LSU football? Dude got 13 snaps ALL SEASON LONG on a team with the OL injury plague. Stop with the conspiracy theories.

The other "rats", as you call them, are leaving because we recruited so well 3 years ago. Kind of like we are STILL RECRUITING today. If you aren't recruiting guys that leave early then you aren't recruiting the right athletes.

gyver likes this.
  7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

We should absolutely NOT believe the hype from all of the recruiting services. 5 stars is just like 1st round draft choices that never pan out at the next level.

Some guys progress, while others do not. Some guys peak in their senior year of high school, others when they leave college. The stars are nice and everything, but only if you're worried about hauling in the true mythical national championship--the #1 recruiting class.

TigerTap likes this.
  8. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

Chris is being very smart. He gets his first year at Tulane paid for and he gets to play. Who knows, agreeing to play for them might have helped him get in grad school there. Everything else being equal,I would think that a master's from Tulane is a bit more prestigious than the same from LSU.

asignupe99 likes this.
  9. vshouse

vshouse Veteran Member

I have been following and going to and supporting tiger football since 1990....i'm not negative.....I have just never seen so many early enrolee's from lsu to the NFL....in one class, I can definagtely see why 4 to 5 should be leaving...it benefits them, but 10?? Just makes me wonder what is going on. And when I say rats.....it's just from the cliche', nothing more nothing less not trying to down the kids.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i thought a master's was a negative because you spent a couple years for something worth nothing.