David Feherty

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by COTiger, Jan 28, 2015.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

He made a birdie to jump up to a T85th.

2. COTiger

I'll be surprised if he finishes the round. I'll be even more surprised if he tees it up tomorrow. Horschell is picking up his tee on every hole.

3. COTiger

No great surprise. He WD on the 12th hole. I think the Fat Lady's warming up for Eldrick.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

youre a jack backer so you're hoping so.

azingers comments the other day were pretty accurate:

“When Tiger says rust, to me it’s a signal that he doesn’t know what the problem is,” Azinger said on ESPN Saturday morning. “I feel he’s as confused as he’s ever been in his career. Byron Nelson used to say there’s two kinds of players, those that need to know a little and those that need to know it all. Which one do you think’s easier?

“I see him walking down the fairway with Patrick Reed the other day,” he said. “Tiger used to be uncomfortable if you were comfortable with him. Now he’s uncomfortable if you’re not comfortable with him. That’s a big difference for a guy who used to show up on Sunday with black pants and a shirt the color of blood. He wanted to intimidate guys like Patrick Reed, not bond with them.

“Tiger wants to be accepted by the players more. That’s a major paradigm shift in his personality. Tiger was the kind of guy who once he got you down he would step on your back. Tiger was always more comfortable if you were uncomfortable with him and that has really changed and it’s changed to his detriment.”

5. COTiger

Actually I was in Arnie's Army early in Jack's career and was a huge Trevino fan later. I first saw Tiger in a junior tourney in 1991 and I've been a fan since he turned pro. Physically in his prime he was the best ever. Mentally he was an equal to Jack. Tiger's biggest mistake was dumping Butch Harmon. If he still had Butch instead of the 3 other swing coaches he's gone through I think he would have broken Jack's record. Father Time has caught up with Tiger. Physically he can't continue to swing the way he's swinging and it's showing up in the WD's.
    ETA: Although I wasn't a huge Nicklaus fan, I respect his accomplishments on and off the course. He's the GOAT.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    ParadiseiNC likes this.
  6. COTiger

Tiger Woods is taking an indefinite leave from golf, saying that he needs "a lot of work on my game."
    http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/12311725/tiger-woods-takes-leave-golf-says-game-needs-lot-work
    He needs to get rid of the swing coaches, watch some video from 2000, embrace the KISS theory, and spend hours on the range by himself digging it out of the dirt. I'm not ready to write him off, but unless he makes major changes the Fat Lady will start singing instead of warming up.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Does indefinite mean that he won't play the Masters?

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think he plays the Masters but I wouldn't look for him in the Honda. The bug cat got a lot of work to do

9. COTiger

I think the earliest you will see him is at Arnie's tourney in 5 weeks. How he plays there I think will go a long way in determining whether he plays at Augusta. Jim Nantz is praying he lights it up at Arnie's place.

10. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member