David Greene on LSU Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU'syourdaddy, Apr 29, 2004.

1. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

This is from the College Football News interview with the 5th year senior QB at the University of Georgia:

"CFN: In your career, have you ever seen a tougher defense than the LSU one you faced twice last year?

DG: No. That was definitely the best. There were times they were blitzing nine guys and may not be covering one guy, but they’d get to you before you could get the pass off. They had such good athletes and they brought so many different blitzes. You couldn’t possibly—you were in a guessing match with them. They could do one-on-one coverage and win just about every time."

I just hope Mr. Greene is ready for more of the same next year. With our two corners on D, we can man up on the edges and bring any combination of rushers to make him pay. I can't freakin' wait.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL,

It sounded like we got to his head, anytime you have a qb guessing chances are your
    going to win!

I can't wait either....
    Maybe our Defense will win most of our games this year.
    Remember other teams from the past that won championships with Defense and Special Teams over offense......

3. TigerFan101

TigerFan101 Founding Member

That is awesome...

Cant wait to see our Dee in action next year!!!:)

Not to mention our O-Line, RB's, Recivers..... Oops.... how about I cant wait to watch LSU play again

4. tygertail

tygertail Founding Member

R-E-S-P-E-C-T

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Maybe it seemed like we were bringing 9 guys given how much he was on his ass, but I seriously doubt that it ever really happened. I could see 7 or 8 but not 9 people rushing the QB.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Make that 3 corners if Daniels stays put there. Daniels, Webster and Stevenson look like 3 real deal big time lock down corners that can dictate what the opposing offense is able to do. :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol i was about to post how do you blitz 9 guys? I think he is still confused.