David Kay Interview Link + Al-Qaida in Iraq Link

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Jan 27, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4066462/

1 quote:
    TB: David, as you know, a lot of the president’s political critics are going to say, “This is clear evidence that he lied to the American people.”

DK: Well, Tom, if we do that, I think we’re really hurting ourselves. Clearly, the intelligence that we went to war on was inaccurate, wrong. We need to understand why that was. I think if anyone was abused by the intelligence it was the president of the United States rather than the other way around.

another:
    TB: The president described Iraq as a gathering threat — a gathering danger. Was that an accurate description?

DK: I think that’s a very accurate description.

TB: But an imminent threat to the United States?

DK: Tom, an imminent threat is a political judgment. It’s not a technical judgment. I think Baghdad was actually becoming more dangerous in the last two years than even we realized. Saddam was not controlling the society any longer. In the marketplace of terrorism and of WMD, Iraq well could have been that supplier if the war had not intervened.

TB: But as you know, the administration and its supporters, not just suggest, but insist that there was a real connection between Saddam Hussein and terrorist organizations that would be a threat to the United States.

DK: Look, I found no real connection between WMD and terrorists. What we did find, and as others are investigating it, we found a lot of terrorist groups and individuals that passed through Iraq.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Guess what Cottonbowl66?

The above statement about terrorists in Iraq doesn't say that
    thier is NO LINK to Al-Qaida in Iraq.

It doesn't include evidence nor does it not include it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Al Qaida Now in Iraq Link
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4043576/

Guess what Cottonbowl66?

We don't have to go looking for them they are now coming to us and I like fighting them in Iraq vs trying to fight them in our own
    country.

At least this way they can't slip into the country via Canada or Mexico or from the incompetence of the INS or some other way.

2. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

your wasting your key board man typing to cotton. he cant be changed, it's like alzheimers, left wing liberals get this disease and there is no cure. Just listen to Dean's speech that crazy holler? thats a left wing liberal getting a nut. In public. over silly misguided aspirations. Now that's sad.

Liberals "never" want to defend freedom until it happens to them. I mean that wasn't their kin folk jumping from the twin towers was it? If a jet plane flew up Gephart's ass with a terrorist strapped to the nose , he still wouldnt change. And the beat goes on, so does the rest of the DNC. a disease.

3. Sourdoughman

I know, I'm just having a little fun!!!
    Thats all!:D

4. CottonBowl'66

CottonBowl'66 Founding Member

So now if David Kay did NOT say there was NO link between Al Qaida and Saddam Hussein, that is evidence there was?

Sourdoughman, thanks for giving me my laugh for the morning. David Kay said NOTHING about a link between Saddam and Al Qaida.

Folks, there is NOTHING to indicate that Saddam Hussein had any working relationship with Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaida.

Before Saddam Hussein was caught he was instructing his forces to stay away from foreign fighters and to only fight alongside fellow Iraqis. Yeah, that sounds like he was an ally of Al Qaida. Sure.

George Bush himself said there is nothing to indicate that Saddam Hussein had anything to do with 911--something that the right wingers here conveniently forget repeatedly.

I love it when they try to say there is, when Bush himself said there isn't. But then again Fox Propaganda and Rush probably haven't got around to reporting that story yet. LOL

But since you right wingers will tell any lie to support your cause, your sham goes on and on. Why let facts get in your way?

Rule of thumb: NEVER, EVER believe anything a right winger says unless you know it is true yourself. They lie like they breathe.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

What CottonBowl and others like him don't get is that Bush is looking out for their a$$es and, unlike the "all mouth, do nothin" liberals, he will not sit on his hands and wait for another airplane to fly into a building full of Americans before taking action. The danger that is omnipresent does not concern liberals because it hasn't wiped out the tree that they are hiding behind. Thank God for George Bush. It's comforting to know that he is vigilant and proactive.

http://www.techcentralstation.com/092503F.html

6. Sourdoughman

Quoted by SabanFans article

That is why is important to remember why we fight in Iraq -- and who we fight. Indeed, many of those sniping at U.S. troops are al Qaeda terrorists operating inside Iraq. And many of bin Laden's men were in Iraq prior to the liberation. A wealth of evidence on the public record -- from government reports and congressional testimony to news accounts from major newspapers -- attests to longstanding ties between bin Laden and Saddam going back to 1994.

Those who try to whitewash Saddam's record don't dispute this evidence; they just ignore it. So let's review the evidence, all of it on the public record for months or years:

* Abdul Rahman Yasin was the only member of the al Qaeda cell that detonated the 1993 World Trade Center bomb to remain at large in the Clinton years. He fled to Iraq. U.S. forces recently discovered a cache of documents in Tikrit, Saddam's hometown, that show that Iraq gave Mr. Yasin both a house and monthly salary.

* Bin Laden met at least eight times with officers of Iraq's Special Security Organization, a secret police agency run by Saddam's son Qusay, and met with officials from Saddam's mukhabarat, its external intelligence service, according to intelligence made public by Secretary of State Colin Powell, who was speaking before the United Nations Security Council on February 6, 2003.

* Sudanese intelligence officials told me that their agents had observed meetings between Iraqi intelligence agents and bin Laden starting in 1994, when bin Laden lived in Khartoum.

* Bin Laden met the director of the Iraqi mukhabarat in 1996 in Khartoum, according to Mr. Powell.

* An al Qaeda operative now held by the U.S. confessed that in the mid-1990s, bin Laden had forged an agreement with Saddam's men to cease all terrorist activities against the Iraqi dictator, Mr. Powell told the United Nations.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go Liberals,

This article gives you something to play with!

Great Job SabanFan!