David Pollack's poor behavior at LSU game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kandjviz, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

While working at the press gate a couple of guys come in with Press Box passes. Everyone must go thru bag check including media types and personalities. This one guy is really talking down to the security guard checking his bag. He kept telling him he could have a chik fil a sandwich that was in the bag. His tone was that he was above being checked. Before I could interupt the security guard and put this guy in his place, the gurard asked him if he worked for chik fil a. That shut him up. On Sunday I was on cbs sportsline.com and thats when I see it is David Pollack doing a bit for cstv. Many people come thru the press will call gate but David Pollack ranks up there with Bob Ley as being the most obnoxius. Verne Lundquist and Mr. Danielson were polite. Even ole Herbstreet was nice to talk to. I wonder if Pollack was having a dreadful feeling being back in Death Valley or maybe he's just a Butt. I guess some individuals never miss a good opportunity to show their backside.

1 person likes this.
  2. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Oh I forgot about Mr. Dubois. A few years ago he made some disparaging remarks in his column concerning bag checks at the game. I can guarentee you that his bags are thoroughly checked now even he doesn't have any. In fact after he printed those remarks he wasn't brave enough to go thru the checkpoint he was calling out. Several troopers were waiting for his return. He just started coming thru the press gate again. Sometimes you get what you ask for.:)

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You can't really blame Pollack. He can't help that his 'motor doesn't stop'.

As for Bob Ley, he comes across as laid back. What's you're experience with him?

2 people like this.
  4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Pollack was having flashbacks to 2003 when the mighty Georgia got its @ss handed to them twice by The Ole War Skule. Or perhaps Pollack was worried the marshal might have found his "friend" David Greene in there.

5. TigerPass

TigerPass Founding Member

For those of us who don't know what David Pollack is doing these days, perhaps someone would care to fill is in. And was he a linebacker for Georgia? That's what I seem to remember.

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

He broke his back in 2006 playing for the Bengals and suffered no paralysis. Could be career ending injury but he is still rehabbing for a possible return to the NFL. He played DT for UGA and the Bengals.

He is working for CSTV as an analyst.

7. fanatic

He played linebacker at UGA. :thumb:

8. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Ahh, Pollack's famous motor. Was that Vern?

9. fanatic

Yep, it was Vern and Trev, and Herbie, and Fowler, and Corso, etc, etc. Everytime UGA was covered, Pollack's motor was mentioned. That's why people got so sick of hearing about it.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Who is David Pollack? Never heard of him.