David Pollack's poor behavior at LSU game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kandjviz, Sep 25, 2007.

1. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

You see he went up in my book because hes asking to be held accountabe for his actions/inactions (mistaken I.D.). Its too bad more people dont do this if you ask me.

2. Goldmember

Goldmember Founding Member

Carl,
    Just don't mention Mike Gundy's players and you'll be okay!

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Could someone bring our Dildeaux threads to Glenn's attention?

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Maybe David is having roommate problems and is venting frustrations.

5. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He wouldn't have the stones to show up here.

6. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

I emailed him once about one of his articles (can't remember which one now, they all run together). He emailed me back the next day. :shock: It was more of a "I calls them like I sees them" email and that the Tiger fans see things through gold and purple glasses. It, unfortunately, didn't explain his position, just that he's free to write what he wants. Which is why I guess his articles are written in such obscure places now. :D

7. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Oh, and thank you Mr. Dubois for responding.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Email him and invite him over. :thumb:

9. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

2006, about 2-3 hours before kickoff of the ULL or Arizona game. At the southeast corner of the field, in front of the visitor's locker room, you were trying to enter either the field or the walkway between the fence and concrete wall along the south end zone, apparently in a hurry. The elderly Marshal at the gate asked for ID or a pass. I was 4' away. Apparently, after ignoring the guy wouldn't work, you made a big fuss over finding your pass/ID and giving it to him as if he were a leper. And then waiting for it with your hand out, fingers twitching, eyes rolling, the complete picture of total disgust. The Marshal had to hold it 6" from his eyes to read it, he was doing his best.

I was embarrassed for you and felt sorry for the Marshal. The same guy is still there, has been for years. But I'm sure he'll be really busy with Mike VI at the next home game.

Were you elsewhere at the time? If so, you have a double who also covers LSU athletics.

10. Carl Dubois

Carl Dubois Freshman

I am glad you posted this, because now I know this is a case of mistaken identity. I have never tried to enter the field at Tiger Stadium before a game (we have others who do pregame sideline reports), and I haven't been down on the field near the visiting locker room since 2000, the last year that I wrote opponent sidebars for The Advocate.

The person you wrote about sounds like he's suffering from a case of self-importance, but he's not me. That much I can promise you. I was nowhere near that part of the stadium for any game in 2006, nor for any game after 2000.