David Pollack's poor behavior at LSU game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kandjviz, Sep 25, 2007.

1. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

I've seen you on television and several photos online. I'm confident the person I saw was you.

Anyway, thanks for having the cajonies to come and say your peace. Do us all a favor and stick around.
    :geauxtige

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Is Robin Fambrough as hot in person as she is in the paper?

1 person likes this.
  3. Carl Dubois

Carl Dubois Freshman

All I can say is the circumstances you've posted here are in no way consistent with a) how I enter the stadium before a game and b) where I am 2-3 hours before a game. Before you make a public accusation of a person, it's important to be sure you have the right person. You say you are sure it's me, but based on the circumstances you provide, I know there is no way it could be me. Feel free to do some research and find out:

a) where I park for games (NW side, not SE)
    b) where I enter for games (NW side, not SE)
    c) how early I am in the press box for games (2 hours, usually)
    d) which reporter for our paper is usually the only one at field level before games

I don't wish to turn this into a debate between us. Feel free to e-mail me at the address I posted previously. I'd be interested to know more, such as if the person you saw had to reach into a computer bag to pull out a press pass, or if it was in a shirt or pants pocket. That would tell me more. You say the person handed it to the marshal. Your answer, if you can provide one, as to where the pass came from would be of interest to me, because I know where I keep my passes 100 percent of the time.

Have I ever had an annoyed look on my face while waiting in line? Absolutely. Was I the person you described as being rude to this elderly marshal? No, not if it happened near the visitor's locker room in 2006.

Again, please e-mail me. I'd like to set the record straight with you, because I can assure you without hesitation I was nowhere near the area you described for any game after the 2000 season.

Thanks.

CD

4. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

thanks for responding, CD, and hopefully you'll stick around the board, i agree that the rest of your debate should take place in e mail or IM format.

5. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

Hope you stick around Carl.

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Carl, your column about our "overrated" opponents over the last few years from after the VT slaughter was spot on. There was a thread about it on here.

Good job with that.

7. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

8. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

CD, check your box for a PM. I stand by what I said previously with no regret. I'm making this post for your public benefit since you are a public figure, not in the interest of continuing a dispute. This is my last remark on the matter, you may have the last word.

It's not my intention to damage your reputation. I would be relieved if it were proven that I was wrong. I deleted my first post on the subject because the wording was a little harsh and I respect you more for coming to TigerForums to address it. Don't be a stranger.
    :geauxtige

1 person likes this.
  9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i certainly cant comment on the incident in question, and imho everyone should be afforded a few bad days, but fwiw i can vouch for carl's general demeanor. it was a long time ago, but he was always a friendly guy on the few occasions i interacted with him when he was writing for the american press in lake charles.

10. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

He's probably in a perpetual state of separation anxiety over the loss of his one true love...err, buddy.