Day 3 before church

Discussion in 'Sportsman's Paradise' started by jvalhenson, Sep 6, 2015.

1. jvalhenson

jvalhenson Founding Member

Wasn't gonna hunt this morning but walked out on porch and they were flyin decent. Had a little time before church started so grabbed gun and sat on steps. In about 30 minutes knocked down 12 and it was time to go. Should have gone on out at daylight prob had an easy limit. Will try to finish it off with the last 3 later.

Winston1 likes this.
  2. jvalhenson

Morning dozen
    [​IMG]

KyleK likes this.
  3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Put some got dam shoes on.

KyleK likes this.
  4. jvalhenson

I've got a flop on. If that's not good enough for ya feel free to come make me change em. Finished off today's limit pretty easy midday. Dad came over late this afternoon and knocked down his limit in about an hour. Been pretty happy with what the numbers have ended up being compared to what I was expecting based on what I'd been seeing come in the past couple weeks. Dads limit....[​IMG]
    Post cleaning pic will have to do had to get to a shrimp boil so went to cleanin em in a hurry forgot to take pic till afterwards

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I need to go over and show you how to clean 'em. I pluck them cause I cook mine in a brown gravy. Are you grilling them? Just curious cause I've never seen doves breasted.

6. jvalhenson

Usually grill em. Those aren't quit done still had to debone em. I've plucked em for years but prefer to breast and debone em, take a jalapeño hollow it out fill cavity with cream cheese, lay breast on wrap in bacon and grill. Takes about 10 seconds per bird to breast em.

LSUTiga likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Breasting them is the only way I ever cleaned doves. There is not enough meat on the rest of the bird to bother with.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

theres plenty but its a pain in the ass. robins are smaller but we'd often pluck them too. unless we had like 100 of them.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Robins are illegal....But tasty

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i once had a game warden tell me that. $125 a bird i think was the going rate. I learned songbirds are protected but still dont think those chirping fuckers are songbirds. but yeah of course i knew they were illegal since i was about 5.

Bengal B likes this.