DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunlostinCali, Dec 21, 2020.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

He started to get involved in game planning last year. He said that he was pissed off during the Bama game when they weren’t doubling Smith because that was their game plan. Then you saw they doubled Kadarius Toney for most of the Florida game, which makes me think that he was behind that (albeit it was going to be Pitts initially). That was one of my biggest gripes with him-that he didn’t seem to be trying to get involved and learn from the guys he was bringing in like Brady and Aranda, so that when they go, he can pass some of that on. Seems like maybe he is coming around a bit. He certainly admits his mistakes and is willing to correct them more than any other coach I can think of.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
    LSU_4_LIFE likes this.
  2. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

As I said in a previous post it doesn't matter if it's high school experience as a DC it's still worthwhile experience.

3. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

You can only coach what’s in front of you. With that said, while a DC in D2 he coached Bowie to some of the best defenses in the league.

I think he brings a lot of great attributes to the table. He seems like he has a bright mind, has coached under some of the best, seems like he is going to relate to and inspire our players and knows Louisiana to be able to recruit.

tzanghi and shane0911 like this.
  4. LSU_4_LIFE

Orgeron says Daronte Jones was recommended to him by Dave Aranda. He called Aranda to pick his brain, and they went down a list of guys together. #LSU

Interesting......

5. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Wonder why Daronte Jones isn't on Aranda's staff at Baylor as either DBs coach or DC

TigerTap likes this.
  6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Maybe Aranda has his hands all up in the defense? Wants it his way?

Many playcalling OCs don’t like to give up the playbook when they get a HC job. Same with the D?

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That didn't take long

mancha and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  8. unclenick

unclenick LSU & USMC

Like Nick Saban hiring.Will Muschamp

TigerTap likes this.
  9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

IDK. What is you comparison? Muschamp a young up and coming coach vs someone who has been in FB at many different levels for years?

Maybe Aranda did ask Jones if he wanted to work for him last year. Maybe he said "Hey Jones, I know you got a gig on an NFL team but would you mind coming down to a small Baptist school in the middle of Texas that has stink and tarnish on their sports?" and then he said no. Who knows?

LSU_4_LIFE, shane0911 and kluke like this.
  10. LSU_4_LIFE

Aranda and his DC Ron Roberts are good friends with a lot mutual respect. Robert’s actually hired Aranda as his DC back in the day. Aranda wasn’t looking for a DC, LSU was and I doubt Jones would make a move as DB coach in the NFL to DB coach at Baylor.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wacotr...3147a5df-38d6-540d-b364-2b825811931d.amp.html