DC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Maderan, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Goodlifetiger

Goodlifetiger Founding Member

It would be nice to have a DC before spring practice starts.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It is inconceivable that an OU fan could talk trash to you on anything football-related! And ask 'em where Stoopes came from too, if they go down that path.

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I haven't seen Pellini on the sidelines ('cause until I saw his picture, I wouldn't have known him from Adam) but I like the idea of having a young, energetic coach that players respond to and react with (similar to Muschamp's "chest bumping" to players coming off the field after a good play).

However, I wouldn't mind if it were Campo. But he reminds me more of the type of coach that would stay in the press box and call the games. I think if Campo went to "chest bump" one of our guys, he might sprain an ankle or twist a knee on the way down. :yelwink2:

I also think having good, young coaches who are on the rise, is a good thing for our players. Our players had to be somewhat concerned as to who all the new coaches will be, so I think it's great if they're able to have a coaching staff that is young, energetic and on the rise because it makes the transition that much easier for players when you have coaches that could be considered your "buddy" and less like a legend that you're uneasy as to how well you can relate.

I've read numerous times where recruits have said, "Miles is cool" or "I had a great time with their staff--they're all cool."

When was the last time you heard a recruit say, "Damn! Bobby Bowden is one cool dude! I can hang with him and 'shoot the breeze' all day long!" ??? :shock:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The reason he's never wrong is because he doesn't say if he doesn't know. :yelwink2:

5. kjntiger

kjntiger Founding Member

I think that either will be a goof hire for different reasons( recruiting vs longevity). I just pray that no matter who we get, they like to blitz(alot) and they teach our guys to "bring the wood"! That would give a whole new meaning to "let 'er rip!"

6. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

Well, since the DC search has now been approximately four times longer than the official search for a head coach, you never know.

I'll predict that we'll finish up that defensive staff by...April 1.

At which time, Skip and Les will hold a press conference, name some names...then say "April Fool's" and not name a staff until ten minutes before kickoff of the North Texas game.

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Maybe we're saving money by holding off on hiring a DC! Hahahahaha...

Seriously, is it possible that the delay could be b/c of Belichick needing to hire a new DC? I have NO idea who's being mentioned for the Pats' DC job, but I can imagine Campo being in that discussion.

8. luvmesumlsu

luvmesumlsu Founding Member

Well If he knows for sure, then it's a done deal!!! Right??? When's the press conference to let the rest of the world know?? You should invite "him" to post on tigerforums----Oh yeah and let your friend know that I've already contacted Dandy Don.................. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

9. philter

philter Founding Member

Many sources are reporting Pelini has agreed to be the next DC, so unless a George Edwards situation comes up, he is the guy. He doesn't blitz a LOT, but he does bring some heat from time to time with the S/CBs. NU fans say he rarely blitzes with LBs.

This is of course with Nebraska personel...keep in mind he was in the NFL for 9 years under many defensive minds, so I'm sure he can adapt.

10. philter

philter Founding Member

The LB coach is confirmed by the same set of sources who confirmed Pelini days ago:

Bradley Dale Peveto (name surfaced weeks ago as being interviewed, but never confirmed)

http://www.goblueraiders.com/?go=coach&id=46

He is the current DC at Middle Tenn. State. Was co-DC at Houston, and DC at NWSt. La. Has some solid background experience and success, and has experience recruiting in Georgia and of course La. and Tx.