DD....Senior Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxscott, Jan 15, 2003.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

One my way to class this morning (South Alabama), I was listening to one of the local sports talk shows and they were talking to one of the scouts from the Washington Redskins regaurding Senior Bowl practices. He was asked what running backs have impressed you the most so far this week in practice. His response was

(Paraphrased, but pretty acurate)
    "I was sent here to scout DB's but I have seen one RB that really caught my eye. Thats Dominick Davis, he is so quick and will almost always make the first guy miss. But what really caught my eye was his special team performance, he reminds me of Kevin Faulk, another great one out of LSU. After watching him I talked to our Special Team scout about him and discussed what a great player he would be to have. Just look at what Kevin Faulk has done for New England, great on Special Teams, great 3rd down back, great blocker, and catches the ball very well."

pretty good interview, was happy to here good things about DD.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I think Double D will do very well.

Thanks for the Update. that is great to hear.

yes he will be another Kevin Faulk. Maybe he can go to New England with Ro, Jar Green and Faulk. Faulk will be the featured back and Double D can be the 3rd down back and special teams guy and share carries with Faulk. That would be cool. And Ro handing it off.

3. I would love to see him go there as well. I actually think he would be a better fit with the sAints though. They need a back like him to back up Deuce. I read the Boston Globe all the time following Kevin Ro and Jarvis and from what I hear, more LSU players might be strongly considered due to the Saban-Bellechik connection. They run almost the same defense so the defensive players dont have a big learning curve. Alot of them consider either Jarvis or Deion Branch to be their most valuable rookies.

4. geauxscott

They also did an interview with both DD and B.James this afternoon, that was really intersting. They mainly talked about high and low points of their college career. Bradie's high being the SEC Championship, and DD being the Sugar Bowl victory. They both agreed that they Ark loss this year was the low. They also talked a little about Saban, and how he runs his program in such a business (NFL type) manner.

don't know what's been said but on the radio show after the interview they mentioned that Mel Kiper believes that Bradie will be a top 20 pick overall. thats great for Bradie. Its great to see that both DD and Bradie are getting great exposure and taking advantage of the situation they have been given.

5. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I doubt that DD could end up in New England just because they already have Faulk doing an outstanding job in the role that seems fitting for DD. Kick return, punt return and 3rd down back are not needs for the Pats. And besides, I'd rather DD go someplace where he can get all the 3rd down situations instead of splitting time with another LSU grad.

The only concern about DD that I have is his hands. He's a smaller back who probably has smaller hands that could affect his catching of the bigger NFL ball. I can remember him dropping a couple of passes this year.

6. geauxscott

In the interview this morning the Redskins Scout said that catching the ball has been one of his strengths that he has seen this week in practice. He talked about one play inparticular that DD made a great catch coming out of the backfield while covered pretty tight. He sounded pretty high on DD.

I also remember times this season when he has dropped balls, but I guess he is taking advantage of his opportunity, impressing scouts and making the plays when they REALLY count. (with scouts and coachs present)

7. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

That's good to hear. I hope that he get's drafted high and has a great career.

LSU = Tailback U.

8. LSUAlum2001

LSUAlum2001 Freshman

Kiper's comments on DD were...

That he would go in the 5th round.

What?

No way he lasts that long. He belongs on a turf team. (hint: Saints should draft him in round 3 or 4 to backup Duece.)

It'd be great if N.O. drafted Bradie AND DD..

9. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I drafted BJ as the Saints in Madden 2003 (imported draft class) and he didn't turn out that good. Clearly the folks at EA Sports aren't the best at judging talent!!

As far as the Saints drafting DD, I think it could be a good move. An NFL running back takes a pounding and it could serve Duece well to have a quality backup to lessen the load. And everyone knows how DD can run on the Superdome turf!! :D

10. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I think DD will be better than Faulk. I think he can handle more than just a 3rd down load. He may be small....he's bigger than Faulk though......but can take a punishment and is a stronger runner than Faulk. One thing, and I might get hammered for this, but Faulk never ever showed up in big games. DD did it all the time.