DE Dyron Dye

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bengal Buddy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Re: Dyron Dye

He came up huge with that big catch on 3rd and 7 to keep their final drive alive.

He also had some big sacks, including the one on the final play.

2. Kbraun

Kbraun Founding Member

LINK

quote:
    ""I am deciding on Sunday," Dye said. "It is between LSU, Florida State, Florida, Miami, and South Carolina.

"The scheme that all of those five teams have I fit in perfectly. All of them are speed rushers, they want to drop me back into coverage, stuff like that. Not just a third down player, but for every down. They want to work with me and they are real nice people, they treat me like family."

The four-star prospect talked a little about each of his finalists.

LSU: "It was nice. Nice people there. A lot of people know you. Coaches Les Miles, D.J. McCarthy the receivers coach, Earl Lane the defensive line coach. It was real nice. I liked what I saw and I could see myself playing there one day."

Miami: "They have a nice scheme. I like how they roll their players in. They play young players. Coach Hurtt, the defensive line coach, Coach Hill, Coach Shannon, are all nice coaches. All of them are nice coaches."

Florida: "They have nice coaches there too. I like 95,000-plus, if you can't get up for that, playing in that stadium then there is something wrong. They have the No. 1 fans in the nation. Coach Strong and Urban Meyer are good coaches. I like what I saw."

South Carolina: "Coach Spurrier, he changed the program around. They have a good defense there. It is exciting to play for a legend, a coach like that."

Florida State: "Coach Trickett. They are known for their defense and putting out defensive ends. Coach Trickett is a nice guy and I got to know a lot of those coaches and a lot of those players and they are welcoming very nicely."

The most recent recruiting activity for Dye was a visit to one of Florida State's Champs Sports Bowl practices in Orlando last week.

"I went out there," Dye said. "It was a nice experience being right there on the field with them practicing and flying around like that."

As for his upcoming decision, he said there will be no tossing and turning in the final hours leading up to his announcement.

"I know my decision," Dye said. "I know where I am going."

Dye also used his session with the media on Sunday as an opportunity to address some rumors in regards to him being a supposed academic liability. He had a strong answer when asked where he stood in the classroom.

"I am good to go," Dye said. "I will tell you I am not going to JUCO. When I sign, that is where I am going to go."

Dye will join his Seminole trio teammates on the Black Team in the UA All-American Game on Sunday evening. ​

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

This part is interesting to me.

A lot of people in the know are saying he has little shot at being academically eligible for Miami.

So does that mean it might be LSU on Sunday?

Stay tuned.

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Where does he stand on our board? Is he a must-take?

5. islstl

Yes. I think Dye and Armstrong are both must takes, but whomever commits first probably is our last DE. Nice problem to have.

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I'm not sure if the coaches feel the same way I do.. but I'd prefer Armstrong. He seems a bit more versatile and I could see him playing TE (we're relatively thin in that position too).

I'll take either though :hihi:

7. Kbraun

Kbraun Founding Member

i think the dye, armstrong, and montgomery are both takes and backup plan is bennie logan

8. islstl

What I love about Dye is the fact that he could project as a beastly TE, and we need another TE badly.

Otherwise, after Dickson leaves next season, we will only have his little brother to count on possibly as a true freshman. Not sure if the other TEs we have recruited will be very effective. The jury is still out.

In that sense, I would take Dye over Armstrong if forced to pick just one.

9. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Isn't Alex Russian supposed to be pretty good?

10. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

It doesnt seem like any of the TEs are really developing. Joseph plays but he is more of a run blocker. Edwards may develope into a good all around TE, but time will tell. THere is no player who is a sure thing. Most of the young guys are more run blockers than receivers.