DE Dyron Dye

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Bengal Buddy, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Re: Dyron Dye

How do you know that? Dickson played all year. I'm not being confrontational I just don't know how to know if the TEs are developing when they havn't played. Maybe you have access to practices which I don't.

I just remember everyone being pretty excited about Russian's commitment. Maybe he's just a blocking TE, I really don't know.

2. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

No inside info, just what Ive read and observed.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I wonder what they will do with 6'7" Matt Branch. Sure is enticing to see him excel at TE with that height.

In answering the question of how does anybody know whether our TE recruits are developing, it's pretty easy to surmise that they have been somewhat disappointing when walkon Caleb Angelle was being talked about as the primary backup to Dickson late in the Summer camp.

Joseph does appear to be a solid blocking TE, however. And that's an important thing to have in our offense. We just need someone who can be a threat in the passing game now.

4. geauxtigs

geauxtigs Tigers Forever

:geaux: Also, what's the scoop on Tyler Edwards? Has he been a disappointment so far or is he just a straight redshirt? :LSU231:

5. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

I don't know if this has been said yet, but Dickson has played hurt this year. I didn't know this until I was watching ESPN and he made the May-Day team when Mark May said that he had been playing with a dislocated finger that regularly popped out on catches. I think he's played rather well for having a dislocated finger considering the lack of touch that our QBs had this year.

6. islstl

He's had some uncharacteristic drops this season, so that would explain it.

7. islstl

Dandydon believes Dye will commit to LSU this weekend.

If that is true, I fully expect the entire Seminole trio to commit to LSU.

Would it be ridiculously incredible that they all announce at the table at the same time?

Talk about a heart pounding moment for LSU fans.

Because these 3 are complete beasts at their respective positions.

Dye and Armstrong will move up significantly in the last rankings on rivals.

8. islstl

"Dyron Dye, Ray Ray Armstrong, and Andre Debose are all still scheduled to announce at Sunday's game. Rivals.com recruiting analyst Jamie Newberg is hearing right now that two of the Sanford (Fla.) Seminole trio are planning to commit to the same school."

9. tboy

tboy Founding Member

To say you aim high is such an understatement Izzy. If it wasn't illegal I would gladly send you some valiums or something prescribed to my older relatives just to help you handle the depression you might feel if all these great scenarios don't pan out. I know this will be a great class regardless of what happens from here on out. Let me just caution that it is unusual and not the norm to snag recruits away from their home town schools. Promise me you will give your shoe laces to someone close to you if the unthinkable happens and we lose out on to many recruits!!:wink:

10. islstl

We will lose out on someone and maybe even 2-3 of them, I expect it. Myles and Montgomery are no where near locks or even heavy leans. I could see us losing out on them both. But if signing day was tomorrow, they would both be LSU Tigers.

In fact my newest projection has Campbell going to Michigan.

I certainly don't expect Dye and Armstrong to LSU, but's it is certainly not out of the question. Basing this SOLELY on the grades issue with Dye not getting into Miami.

Last year we lost out on DeAndre Brown (which was obviously a bummer) and the DB that went to USC, as far as who I was predicting for the final class.