DE Sam Montgomery

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 1, 2008.

1. tboy

tboy Founding Member

Re: Sam Montgomery-DE?

I think once again we are allowing ourselves to get a little too optimistic about out of state recruits. I don't want to be a party-pooper, but if we can land either one of these guys we will have done very well considering the list of schools going after them and our recent below par season.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Optimistic yes, but I am damn excited,I think I started this thread and I have wanted this guy since then.

3. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

I think both Montgomery and Dye are takes, although I wouldnt put DE ahead of LB as far as needs go. Jones and Bostic are bigger needs. Although I think our chances of both LBs is slim, hopefully we get one of them.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

No doubt if we land just one of these DEs and one of these stud LBs, we have done even better than expected.

5. islstl

Here is a video of Montgomery talking about LSU leading for his services.

At first I thought he meant out of the official visits, LSU led. But from this video it does appear he means LSU outright leads. He loves Coach Lane. We definitely lose Montgomery if we replace Coach Lane.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/821789.html

6. islstl

Well another Montgomery article on rivals and LSU is definitely his #1. He stated South Carolina is running 4th and Clemson 5th.

Tennessee is 2nd and North Carolina is 3rd.

"I never thought I would get an offer from LSU when this all recruiting stuff began," the Greenwood (SC) product admitted. "To get an offer from them is a blessing, just a great honor. They won a National Championship last year."

He keeps harping on his relationship with Lane. I wonder if we can still pull this kid in if Lane leaves. We shall see if Lane even leaves and then if we can still pull him. I think we can.

7. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

I don't know. This guys seems to have a great relationship with Lane, I wouldn't be surprised if he wrote us off. But if they got someone like Coach O, could definitely see him staying interested. My question is does he realize Lane is on his way out? I would think so...I mean I don't see how Miles isn't telling these guys they may not be here. Hes just doing it in a better way by helping them get jobs at other schools, so he doesn't fire them and make it look bad towards recruiting. Would be a lot worse if he just fired Peveto, Mallory, Lane. Gotta give Miles that much, he handles stuff with class and it looks better for recruiting.

8. islstl

In that sense, I would think Lane would pay Miles back by encouraging him to develop a relationship with whomever comes in after him to finish off his recruitment.

Miles is a pretty smart dude in my book.

9. islstl

Tennessee gets a visit on 1/23
    LSU gets a visit on 1/27
    Oregon gets a visit on 1/30, but I don't see him taking that if he gets all the answers he is looking for upon his visit to LSU

I am liking this setup.

10. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

I agree with deuce and islstl. Miles does it different than most, he does it his way. It doesn't satisfy the impatient and blood thirsty, its kinda quiet, but its classy, help a man on the way in, and help him on the way out. I don't know what's going on behind closed doors, but from the outside, it looks like a classy operation.