DE Sam Montgomery

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Apr 1, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: Sam Montgomery-DE?

Someone close to the situation in South Carolina is saying he is ALL LSU at this point but it's totally based on his relationship with Lane. Which of course sounds contradictory, but it is what it is. And if you think about it, it does make sense. The kid has never step foot on LSU's campus. He is hanging everything on how LSU has recruited him up until now. He loves how LSU had never backed off of him even when he appeared to be going to one of the SC schools.

So it appears as though LSU would have virtually no chance if Lane leaves. We shall see.

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

It's a shame the kid never go to see the gameday atmosphere at LSU and in Death Valley. That would have blown him away. However, I'd imagine we have some awesome videos selling LSU that we show to recruits.

3. islstl

Reading more and more about this situation, as long as Montgomery goes through with his official visit to LSU in late January, look for this kid to be donning purple and gold come the fall. He wants his mom to ask all the proper questions to Coach Miles when he arrives on campus. He loves Les Miles as much as he does Coach Lane. Losing Lane would be big, but I don't in anyway think it's a deal breaker anymore.

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

I agree, a week ago when he came out and said we were his leader and he loved coach lane, all i could think about is oh crap well that prettty much means when Lane leaves we're not getting this kid, but aslong as he gets in for a official visit, I dont think it will matter who is coaching the D-line next year, Lane or no Lane.

5. FortWorthTiger

FortWorthTiger Founding Member

This guy is the kind of speed rusher we haven't really had until Alem this year. He'll be a great replacement for Alem in a couple of years.

6. LSUFan1950

LSUFan1950 Founding Member

My gut feeling is that Montgomery and Mingo will be a LSU Tigers. Couldn't you see LSU playing a 3-4 Defense with Mingo and Montgomery being the Outside Linebackers? Or could you see LSU playing a 5-2 Defense with Mingo and Monrgomery being stand up DEs?

7. islstl

UA practices today:

"Most of the day, I noticed Loston also chatting it up with Sam Montgomery."

Silent recruiter?

8. islstl

For anyone that actually watched the skills challenge today, the representative of the skills challenge picked up the A&M hat on the table and asked the crowd of players if they thought he should go to that school and there was not a person that said anything, just some murmuring. When he picked up the LSU hat, there were a few people yelling, but the one person that yelled the loudest was none other than......

9. islstl

John Martinez was interviewed and asked about the teams he is down to and he started referring to some of the recruits on each team. When he got to LSU, he referred to a particular player.........as if he is a commit already

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Montgomery on LSU:

"I would say that LSU is ahead of the pack. I like the people that are going there in this recruiting class. I like the coach. I like what I know about their facilities."

"I am planning to take all of my visits in January," Montgomery said. "I plan to use all five of them."

He will visit Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Oregon on successive weekends beginning on January 9th. He will also fit in a mid-week visit to LSU on January 27th.

"I am going to wait until Signing Day to decide. I just want to find the right program. I feel like all of them have a good academic program. I want to find that place where I can lay my head down at night and feel at home regardless of football."

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=895993