Deangelo Benton vs. Reuben Randle

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

He's the best receiver on the team and was the leading receiver and then disappeared. I didn't see anything posted about his injury. Thanks for the info.

I don't know why you think this has anything to do with Les Miles. It's a legit concern because he's one of the better players and just dropped off the face of the earth. A finger injury is a good explanation, but I wasn't aware of that. It has nothing to do with Miles in this instance, so don't get your panties in a bunch.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Fair enough...but FWIW, I'm commando right now. Nothing in a bunch here.

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Holy TMI Batman! Thanks for oversharing. Now I need threapy to try to scrub that mental image out of my mind. :D

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

He call himself fishhead......but he's probably really the guppy. :eek:

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

The Advocate had a write-up on Randle's broken pinkie (not just a finger, its a pinkie!) this morning. He says its getting better.

6. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Deangelo Benton? No...couldn't care less.

Janzen Jackson? Traitor SOB...he should be in P&G. He'd fit right in, and we'd be that much stronger. He OWNED us in the Tenn. game.

7. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Weeeeeellllll ... I don't totally agree with this. I think TT is every bit as talented as Randle. In fact, they make a good pair. But TT doesn't get action when JJ is in the game, because JJ has tunnel vision for only one receiver ... RR. This year he's opened up a bit and included RS, but I don't see him giving TT the call much.

You can bet your a-rse that TT is fricken giggly that Lee is playing again, because Lee actually thows him the ball .. .something JJ hasn't seen fit to do.

8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You've met the Mrs. as of today. Now, ask yourself this. How does a guy as ugly as Fishhead get a chick like that? I'll tell ya...it ain't by being hung like a gnat. :hihi:

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Go count Randle's drops...regardless of QB. Then count TT's. Randle is the best receiver on the team...hands down.

And before you tell me TT doesn't drop Lee's passes...I'll tell you you're right. But Randle don't drop ANYBODY'S passes, runs a better route, and can go get it every bit as good as TT. Smooth as silk, he is.

10. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

I hate traitors also. Examples such as Janzen Jackson & Joe McKnight make me sick.

However, I wouldn't say Jackson owned us. He played well, but we won the game. He has also been arrested once that I know of since he's been at UT.

I don't think of Benton as a traitor, because we pulled his scholarship offer to appease Randle's father. He didn't choose to go elsewhere. We chose that for him. That said, if it hadn't taken him 3 attempts to become academically eligible, we wouldn't be having this discussion.