Deangelo Williams

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Feb 22, 2011.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6147197"]Sources: Carolina Panthers won't franchise DeAngelo Williams - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6147022@@AMEPARAM@@6147022[/ame]

Since the Carolina Panthers aren't going to slap the franchise tag on him, he could be a great pickup for the Saints if they let Pierre Thomas leave. With an All-Pro quarterback, excellent passing game, and a good offensive line, he could be back to pro bowl form almost immediately.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Deangelo is going to want 1st round money though.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Would love to have them both. Reggie is due $12m. If we let him go, couldn't that money be used to keep both PT and sign a Deangelo Williams? Is there any other scenario that anyone can see that we sign both AND still have Ivory?

4. tboy

tboy Founding Member

I don't know if we could keep them all, but I would sure like to have him if money wasn't a consideration. I have always liked him as a RB. Realistically I don't think we can or probably should tie up that much money at the RB position. We could use it for defensive players of need.

5. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

I agree, definitely. The saints also need to make sure that the offense doesn't skep a beat, since that's what we're known for now is that prolific offense.

6. chewie

chewie Glitched

DLo was probably the best back in the league few years ago towards the end of the season. I say if we can get em and Bush is a gone pecan, do it. He's a special back with a unique blend of skills, and you'd have a hard time picking a more prototypical back outside of AP and Steven Jackson.

Plus sticking it to the panthers is always good clean fun.