Dear Trev: A Fisking

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUChicageaux, Dec 17, 2003.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

As Ricky Ricardo would say: " 'Splain, please?"

2. LSUChicageaux

LSUChicageaux Founding Member

Well, OK....SOMETIMES I like to wear a bra. But only when it makes me feel pretty.

You know, those gray days when you just want to smell like jasmine and honeysuckle, but you can't wash the pungent smell of cracklins and Nat Light out of your LSU-Batman outfit. You somehow have 6-7 containers of Raising Cane's sauce in your pocket (empty, of course), but you didn't go to Cane's.

Those days. You know, when you have your first libation in Baton Rouge and you wake up in a supermarket parking lot in Port Barre, alone, with your viking hat...the only transportation around is a Hulk Big Wheel tricycle with a bottle of Schnapp's in the front basket that's OBVIOUSLY yours...

I have no idea what I'm talking about. Wednesdays, I guess.

3. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

hmmm....where did you get that Hulk big wheel from? I woke up in a dorm room at NLU once with two girls I still do not know to this day, but I was missing the Hulk Big Wheel. That would have completed my awesome night to ride down the hall to my cousin's room on that!

4. LSUChicageaux

It was outside of the Chancellor's Office. It had some official tags and stuff on it, but I ditched those, because Port Barre awaits!

5. tigerintn

tigerintn Founding Member

I don't know how LSUChicageaux does it. I lived up there for 2 years up until April. I had to get out of there. College football is such an afterthought in that town.

6. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

Rank the thoughts of people in Chicago....

1. I wish Jordan was still playing for the Bulls
    2. I wish I knew where to find that jackass that cost the Cubs the World Series this year.
    3. Da Bears....what went wrong?
    4. Honey, where is the Brautwurst at?
    5. Ditka for Mayor!

how did I do Chicageaux?

7. SabanFan

Chicageaux, do you live or work in the city? I get there a couple times a year. I work out of 100 Madison St. when I'm in Chi-town.

Edit: This question has nothing to do with the bra thing.:shock:

8. LSUChicageaux

I live in the city, work in Evanston. tigerintn had it right earlier...college football is like a burr in everyone's side.

I work in Evanston - a "college" town. A Big Ten school. You ought to see this place on "game day." Remember that amazing OT game between Northwestern/Michigan a few years ago? When Kustok hit that guy in the endzone to beat UM? Well, I was in Evanston that day, and the town was EMPTY. The stadium is about 1 mile from campus (neat!), so I drove by there out of curiousity.

Oh, the horror. I kept thinking that if Michigan was in B.R., I couldn't get within 50 miles of the stadium. Here I was driving by unencumbered by cars in the street or drunken revelers.

It's bad. Do you have ANY idea what it's like to turn on the TV on Saturday at noon and only be able to catch Minnesota-Iowa State? Whoa, slow down - you just passed Indiana-Northwestern!

Mesquite...you didn't do too badly...
    The Bulls seem to be an afterthought since they suck so bad.
    The Bears - man, that's another story. They think they're getting Saban. Full page photo/story in yesterday's Sun-Times. They're so delusional.

My friend went as Bartman (cubs fan) for Halloween; people are over that...although it WAS cool to be here at the height of the playoff fever. The whole town was nuts. Lots of fun in the bars.

Brats and beer aren't bad; got offered a few last Bears game I went to. It's no Manda Tiger Dog or boudin, but it'll do.

They're not so crazy about Ditka here (that I can see). They still love the guy, but he's off doing other things and doesn't live here. And his restaurant isn't that great.

SabanFan - I live near Loyola's main North Shore campus (about 15 minutes north of Wrigley), just before Evanston. Don't get downtown too often (maybe once every few weeks). Don't come now - it's cold today.

9. SabanFan

That's too bad. I'm playing golf this afternoon.:D

10. geauxtigers84

geauxtigers84 Freshman

This would actually even out as ULM played North Texas (28 - 26 North Texas victory) in the last game of the regular season.