Death Valley Dorms (article)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 27, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

Interesting little article on the dorms in Tiger Stadium.

Rest of article here: http://www.lsureveille.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2005/04/27/426f2e4bbbf35

2. Gulf Coast Tige

Gulf Coast Tige Founding Member

Couldn't they renovate the dorms and rent them on Gamedays? You could spend the night in Tiger Stadium and walk out and go to the game. The TAF would make a killing. :lsup:

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I often wondered what it was like to live there and now I Know!

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

Well, as the article states:

But I do agree, that'd be a good idea. However, the dorms are currently used as art studios for the upperclassmen.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm guessing the cost to income ratio must be prohibitive or they would have done something with them years ago.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

A friend of mine had a studio in one of the old stadium dorm rooms. They made great studios except on game days. Try painting when your studio is shaking like an earthquake hitting!

7. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

I lived there for 3 semesters from '78-'79, 2 semesters in North Stadium and 1 in South Stadium. There was no A/C and as a matter of fact my first semester at LSU I moved in with 3 other guys that I didn't know in a 4 man room. At that time there were not toilet stalls, only waist high partitions with no doors nor any shower curtains. As I recall when a toilet was flushed all of the cold water got cut off and you would get scalded by just hot water if you happened to be taking a shower. It was something you just learned to do, when you heard a toilet flush, you jumped out of the shower stream for about 5 sec. and then it was ok. Then I moved to an apartment. I did my time.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

They put 4 people in those little rooms??? They make great art studios - but for one person in a room!

9. Bengaleze

Bengaleze Founding Member

I'm not sure about where the art studios are but the room for 4 was roomy enough because we had bunk beds and 4 locker stlye closets and you spent most of your time in other places and basically slept and changed clothes in the room. It was located on the 5th floor of North Stadium and of course the whole wall toward the outside was windows. I did stay in a one person room for a semester, but that got old.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Ahh.. the memories.. that is SO college.. i hated living in dorms (not at LSU, but same idea), but now i wish i had stayed in them a little longer. If you go to college, live in the dorms a couple semesters.. while they are cramped, smelly, loud, etc... its still such a big part of the college experience. Its a situation that you will never experience again. Unique experiences are what makes life a great thing.