Death Valley Dorms (article)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 27, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

locoguano, I agree. Living in the dorm for 2 years was the best decision I could have made because of all the great people I was able to meet and get to know well. Then when we moved out we had several of us move into houses on the same street and we had the time of our lives.

2. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

There are sooo many dorms you would think they could make SOMETHING out of a few of them. Why not renovate some of them and let the football team live there? Or make them lounge type areas like the super dome has with tv's. (this is mostly for the women when its too hot or it rains. I'm not good with ideas but Im sure they can come up with something.

3. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I'm in construction and I'm telling you, anything is possible if enough money is available. Code variances are common and renovations can be done...no matter how difficult.

4. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I'm thinking that if you turned some of those into suites and rented those out for games, businesses/groups would be all over them. They would make back their money in a few years. Stay the night in tiger stadium? oh yeah.

5. j0nathanr0y

Why dont LSU officals read this site and get the fans opinions!

6. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I'm with Tenn. Tiger on this one. It can be done, and it probably could be done quite effectively on a budget, just gotta get creative minds to study the problem long enough and hammer out a solution.

Something needs to be done because the appearance of the abandoned dorms; the cracking and peeling paint, the busted out windows, the dingy, rusty facade caused by years of dripping water leaks, really takes away from the aesthetic appearance of the stadium. I love Tiger Stadium as much as any die-hard LSU fan, but the original lower bowl could really use some serious maintenance and renovation work. Work I hope the Ath. Dept. will get around to after this latest upper-deck is done.

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I actually like the old look of those parts of the stadium. Makes the history of the place more obvious.

8. j0nathanr0y

If they dont redo them, i would atleast like to see new windows!

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

they should just house some inmates and animals in there and have them growl out the windows at the visitors, like the Coliseum in Rome...

10. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

When I arrived at LSU in the fall of '88, I knew a couple of guys who lived in North Stadium. Prior to every home game that year, they threw a huge party in their room, and after the Earthquake Game, we went up there and yelled out the window for a couple of hours at all of the fans leaving the stadium--as well as watching the Tigers leave the locker room.

I was served my first rum and Coke prior to the A & M season opener that year. All I remember about the game is that we shut out the Aggies and it was raining. The rest is an absolute blur.