Death Valley Dorms (article)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Carface, Apr 27, 2005.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I have been told that Asbestos abatement costs in order to refurbish or do new construction are enough that no amount of money could be raised with LSU's Athletic Department currently saving for its part of the Master Plan...

It's a pipe dream...Eventually, it will happen, but not anytime soon...

2. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

I spent My Fresham and sophmore years in the stadium dorms. Good old Hall showers that when somebody flushed a toilet the water would be so hot it would blister you. A steam radiater for heat no air conditioning. I still have my dorm key those were probaly 2 of the best years of my life...i miss having to take things off the shelves before a football game so the wouldn't vibrate off to the floor. Me and my roomates found a window with a loose bar we could take out and put back in and foten snuck on the field late at night, once we all came back through our secret window and we were all green.
    We didn't know the painted the grass in the endzones before games.... those were the days :) :) :)

3. Tennessee Robb

Tennessee Robb Founding Member

Bengaleze, I saw that you lived in the Stadium in 1979. That was my favorite LSU game... September 29th vs. USC. Do you remember any details? I was only 14 at the time but I will never forget that game, and I love to talk about it. It's the reason that I enrolled at LSU 4 years later.

4. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

A couple of things I recall about that game.

I was attending another college game and everyone in the stands seemed to be listening on radio and more interested in the LSU game than the game we were watching.

Although I can't verify, the story around BR the week after the game was that several SoCal players were caught scalping tickets around the Bellemont Hotel (USC's team hotel). Charles White was among those nabbed. BR police had quite a dilemma on their hands. Some worried that if arrests were made, the national reaction would be very unfavorable for LSU. Can't remember much more of this rumor except that I think noone was arrested and all played on Saturday night.