Death Valley tops list of scary venues for opposing teams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Oct 4, 2007.

1. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=feldman_bruce&id=3044646

1. LSU, Tiger Stadium
    Three SEC coaches I spoke with who have worked in other leagues say that Tiger Stadium is, by far, the loudest stadium in the country. "It's night, half the place is loaded, the fans have been partying for like 20 hours straight, this is the last place you want to bring a young QB into," says one coach. Just ask Virginia Tech, which got blown out of the Bayou a few weeks back. Last season, the Tigers jumped on everyone early at home; they outscored their opponents 108-7 in the first quarter at Death Valley. This year, they've outscored their opposition 31-7 in the opening quarter. The margin's 68-7 if you just look at the first half.

2. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

and rivals just posted an article about the high number of no shows for LSU home games....imagine if the actual crowd size was 92000+ instead of the approximate 76000 that are believed to actually show up for games

3. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

76,000? no way!

4. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Clemson, Memorial Stadium is #6, but notice he didn't call it Death Valley. He called TS Death Valley.

5. Bayou Bengal11

The paid crowd for LSU's game against South Carolina was 92,530; however, there were approximately 16,000 no-shows. f

The actual attendance at the eight homes game last year never reached 80,000.

The biggest problem is apparently with the student section.

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I don't know about that. There was A LOT of people at the Ole Miss game last year. I didn't see too many empty seats.

7. Carface

Carface What the...?

Not saying you're not right, but I just find that hard to believe. What's your source on this? Being that I'm a student, I always sit in the student section. For the South Carolina game, we came into the stadium at our usual time (gates being open about half an hour) to find that the whole lower bowl of the student section was full, and half of the upper bowl. Not to mention that we sat on the end of a row and throughout the game kept getting pushed out of our seats into the aisle (due to overcrowding).

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

There's no way in hell I believe that. MAYBE for a non-conference game, but I can guarantee there weren't 16k no shows for USCe and I PROMISE you there won't be a seat to be had against UF on Sat. night.

9. Bayou Bengal11

According to LSU Ticket Manager Brian Broussard, the actual attendance at the eight homes game last year never reached 80,000.

According to Bertman, students are allotted nearly 15,000 tickets per home game. In 2005, the average number of student no-shows was 4,095. Last season, that total increased to 4,440. The fewest student no-shows since the start of the 2005 season were 890 against Virginia Tech.

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=722783

10. Bayou Bengal11

During the Ole Miss game last year, Bertman made the decision to sell some tickets in the student section as he anticipated their not showing up. The Tigers sold about 700 tickets in that manner. The student no-shows for the Ole Miss were 3,477.[/B]

http://lsu.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=722783