Death Valley tops list of scary venues for opposing teams

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JoeReckless, Oct 4, 2007.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I went into the Student Section of the USC game about 1 hour before kickoff and it was basically full. I barely could find a seat, so I do not believe that. Many students didn't have any seats and were standing in the aisles. They must have counted for the no-shows after the game started and when the rain started pouring and people went inside for ponchos...that's the only logical explanation.

2. hydrasports205

hydrasports205 Founding Member

That's bull about the student section. Unless things have changed a hell of a lot since I was a student the section was always PACKED. We would stand at the gate waiting for it to open so we could get a spot in the lower bowl, but if we ran late we'd be standing in an aisle and catch hell from the marshalls about being in the way. They pack the students in like cattle. Personally, I believe the line about 4,000+ students routinely skipping the game is nothing more than an attempt to justify selling off some of the student allotment.:po:
    :geauxtige

3. Geaux4LSU

Geaux4LSU Founding Member

just no way i'll ever believe less then 80,000 showed up for bama and ole miss last year.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

5. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

The student section is not reserved so it my look full but there are seats. You just have to squeeze in.

I guess if you sprinkle empty seats here and there you could say the no show factor was a bit high but all the university is worried about is the ticket sales.

6. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Actually part of the student section is assigned. It's the seats for all of the satellite LSU campuses such as LSUHSC and others. They are mainly the seats that were added under the scoreboard area. I'm assuming those are the seats that are usually empty, but fill up with the general admission students.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Thanks for the link!
    Man, no one knows how pumped up I am for College football Saturday this week.
    Enjoyed every minute of that link and wow, a new email address.
    Now that is cool!:thumb: :grin: