Decency

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by KyleK, Jan 21, 2021.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

i'm glad it's mostly peaceful protests....

Don Castavez, Richdog and LSUpride123 like this.
  2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Doubt it. There are a couple that come to mind.

COTiger likes this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I like your optimism, but I still think I would be at the top of the list. :D

lsu-i-like and furduknfish like this.
  4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

That got me thinking. North Korea's missile launches have always been peaceful.

furduknfish likes this.
  5. kluke

kluke Founding Member

I don't know if any of you remember me I used to post here a lot in the early part of the decade. Red and I used to have quite interesting volleys. It was sometimes tough conversations but there was always an undercurrent of respect. Even in the FSA discussions about Obama; there was an undercurrent of respect between the posters. This was a truly great site because of the people who participated. I got dinged a lot; but it wasn't nasty. It was fun conversations until about 2015.

Then some new people joined and a lot of conversations turned to name calling and disrespect. It got nasty. I noticed some of the people I found interesting weren't coming here anymore. After a while I just stopped coming. PLEASE NOTE - I never went to the "other place" - I still have my respect. I dropped in again in 2017 but it was the same or worse so I stayed away. I've been trolling anonymously but not feeling the need to post. But I saw this thread and felt like I should share my experience.

I agree with what KyleK said, but I would hate to see more good posters go away because of the meanness of a few. It would be a shame. All that is needed is a bit of civility on both side of a discussion. But some of you like nasty; prefer it to logic. So things will only change if people are willing to not only call the assholes on the other side; but also call out the assholes on your side for calling the other side an asshole. And it doesn't need to be a public call out. Other wise I'm afraid it will just get worse.

GiantDuckFan, Herb, Rolan and 10 others like this.
  6. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I'd like to think we have a pretty good "family" on here. Hate to see it go.
    In general, I try to refrain from personal attacks but sometimes they slip out. That aside, this is the only place left online that I can post my thoughts without fear of real retribution. And believe it or not, there is some dang good discussion on here most of the time.
    Good and valid points revealed on both sides. I'd hate to see the plug pulled so I'm going to try and refrain from any personal attacks and ask everyone else do the same. And if you can't resist, at least make it absurd and funny. And boob shots always help.

GiantDuckFan, Bengal B and LSU_4_LIFE like this.
  7. APPTiger

APPTiger still unable to post Geaux Tigers!

I understand and it's the exact reason I don't post as much on the App State boards. Bunch of younger folks came in and blew all of the old timers away.
    BTW- My dad used to say if you're going to be an asshole sometimes, be an asshole sometimes. just don't become a hemorrhoid.

KyleK and mctiger like this.
  8. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

Well .... I guess if it's going to be a popularity contest, .. I better get to calling people names! :p

9. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

I am civil for the most part and enjoy being with my LSU people and do not have a problem with civil disagreement until it becomes a few of the bama posters.

They seem to be disrespectfull and i attack.

I have no problem talking an issue even in disagreement if it is respectfull.

I dont go to bama sites and i dont expect them to come here and be antagonistic which they always seem to be, i then have been known on occasion to question their family sleeping arrangements.

Other than that i love this site more than any other and i belong to a few.

My 2 cents

10. Brian

Brian Founding Member

If you read Kyle's message and immediately thought about (insert name or names of other posters) as being the problematic ones and not your own behavior and how you can do better.. You're probably one of the problems. Lol.

We can always be more respectful of one another, that's for certain. I've snapped at a couple people and that's not right. Being right or wrong about sports is subjective, but being decent is not. Here's to a better 2021!