Defense (something i noticed)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Oct 27, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

You're right, I doubt it'll be overused.... But I think people WILL notice when the Tiger D shows blitz, though. Chavis showed everyone against Auburn that this D is not going to sit back. The blitz packages were pretty nice. I doubt many will be used (outside of Linebacker blitzing) against Tulane. I look for it to open up against Bama and Ole Miss, though. :geaux:

2. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Overall, our defense has improved dramatically. Even when we cringed at how quick Washington went down the field to score against us late in the fourth quarter, I still thought it was better than last year. LB's look to be the biggest improvement. I can't wait until Chevis has been here two or three years, and has more of CLM's ear in recruiting:miles:

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I agree the LBs have been a great improvement, but people underestimate our secondary, no QB except Locker has put up big numbers on our secondary at all.
    Added to the fact that we have picked off every QB we have played against this year, I think.
    Did we pick off Cox from UGA? I dont remember.

4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

Well, I for one have not forgotten the secondary play. Peterson is lights out and Jones has really come on. Hawkins made that PHENOMINAL pick and I haven't had any complaints about anything in the back four, other than the occassional wide-open receiver in the middle. But that's going to happen. I just mention the LB's because they seem to have made the most significant individual improvement over last year.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

If you take the stats from the UW game out our defensive numbers are even more impressive.

6. Kliee

Kliee Founding Member

Yeah... last play of the game. Perry Riley sealed the game with a pick

7. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

When the defense is operating under a new coordinator (which is a great improvement from two coordinators, both of which inferior to this one) the first game will probably be their worst. They've taken great strides so far.:tigereye: