Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

How great are they playing this season?????

Can ANYONE wrap their minds around how this season would have turned out and what our record would be right now IF we had not got a new DC and new defensive scheme!!!!

2. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i'm still not sold on chavis. however his defenses are suffering because the offense can't sustain drives.

i like the way chavis develops players, i'm not always a fan of his schemes.

but he was probably the best available.

i mean how's john tenuta doing this season???

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I think the defense has been damn strong this year.

They're giving up 14.7 points per game. That's pretty good.

It would be better if our offense could control the clock and sustain drives.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

Giving up 15 points a game is a stat that is a definate improvement over last year. If things hadnt changed from last year, I think we'd probably be 6-6 this year. Chavis needs time to get everything working with his scheme and personnel. I see more improvement for next year:tigereye:

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

I've been impressed.. and this is year 1. It's only gonna get better :wave:

6. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

The thing that really makes no sense, is how they are able to give up SO MANY yards, and SO FEW points.

The thing I don't like about it is it shows when we have to we can stop teams from moving the ball. However, we don't always play that way. Meaning the soft zone that fails so often goes away when it has to only. And when it does go away we are great.

I just ask the question, why not play that way all the time?

But in the same breath, you gotta say to hell with it. If not for the defense we are a 3 win football team.

7. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

It's the bend but don't break philosophy. I personally like it. We hold teams to FGs and prevent the big play. If our offense was strong.. it would look even better.

8. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

ooooh don't go there... we sure as hell wouldn't be 8-3 right now, prolly more like 3-8 in all honesty. That system was a disasterous failure.

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Obviously it's better but the "bend don't break" style is costing LSU's offense too many lost posessions. "3rd and Chavis" that so many Tennessee fans warned about turned out to be exactly right.

Need to tighten the system up a bit and get off the field quicker.

2 people like this.
  10. downtown

downtown Founding Member

They started off playing very good, but there has been a big drop off in the last three games. They played good in the first half against Bama, but haven't looked that good since.

We've seen a lot more blown assignments at the end of the year than we did in the beginning and we haven't been making as many plays on D with turnovers, etc.

But the biggest thing for me is that I've seen no improvement on the D-line. That concerns me. I see no new young guys that are jumping out and we still can't get to the QB. And we weren't very good on the D-line last year.

The linebackers have made a MUCH bigger impact this year than last year so that's been good. Overall, we're much better than last year. But we've got pretty good improvement to make before being a great D. We're not scary with the nonexistant pass rush we have and 3rd downs for us are killer.