Defense

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Nov 24, 2009.

1. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Are you serious? This Defense cant get off the field...gives up major yards. put no pressure on QBs. The scary part is people always say something like " wait till he gets the players to match his style of play"...... Chavis already has a buttload of talented skilled players and it just isnt working very well. TK, I usually agree with alot of your post.... not this one.

2. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

It's hard to stop opposing offenses when your defense is gased by the half, because your own offense is incapable of first downs.

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Yeah, but McCluster ran for a 50+ yarder on the 2nd play of the game. They weren't tired at that point and McCluster clearly had to be the focus all week in practice. Alem got shoved to the side by a WR and that was it. The offense is only part of the problem for the D.

4. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

I understand the offense has its problems, I also understand that the defense severely limits the number of touches for the offense. (The offense probably gets cold and bored sitting on the sidelines waiting to get back on the field lol)

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I understand what you mean, but in all honesty, maybe the defense just doesn't give a damn. Why exhaust yourself, get your oppenant to go 3 and out... just so your offense can come out, go 3 and out and then send your defense right back out?
    I don't think anyones given up like last season... but imo majority of our issues all stems from our ability to play 3/4's of a football game on defense.

6. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

All the more reason for the players no to mess up when they have a chance to make plays, and Crowton to make the most with what he's given:eek:ldskule:

7. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

IMO, yardage isn't a very important stat. It's points allowed that's most important. Yards will never beat you. The number of points will.

Our defense does a good job of holding teams to 3 points, and has kept us in every game. It's been the offense that hasn't held up to its end of the deal.

False start and delay of game penalties, poor pass protection, and numerous other issues have plagued our offense all year long.

The defense has been very dependable.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Exactly. We only average like 45 plays per game on offense. That number should be around 60 to 70.

You can't score if you dont have the ball.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

You dont agree that this defense is BETTER then the defense we had last season????

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Not necessarily true... PP scored almost half of what the offense did by himself... and at no time was our offense on the field when he crossed that goal line.